IGNORED

best films to watch stoned

Guest dese manz hatin

Guest dese manz hatin

inspired by several threads round here... i watched Aguirre saturday night fairly stoned (i rarely do this) and I have to say the general atmosphere and my bakedness corresponded pretty well

what films do you recon would be a good watch under the influence?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iain C

I watched Walkabout three times or so in the space of a couple of weeks, it's a film that lends itself well to stoned viewing. There are a lot of beautiful shots of the Australian outback and the wildlife there, some great droneing digeridoo music, some Stockhausen even, and just a general atmosphere of other-worldliness. And also young Jenny Agutter naked.

Jenny_Agutter_003.jpg

Guest Space Coyote

The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, A Scanner Darkly, Super High Me, Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas I guess but most everyone here would have already seen that. Its hard to pick a select few if you mostly only watch movies stoned and generally enjoy films

So, nobody mentioned 2001 yet? It seems to be the quintessential stoner movie. Most everyone who said they loved it said they only watched it stoned, which is a bit of a shame.

I retract my statement - never watch Eraserhead on a 100inch projector while stoned. . . baaaad idea. .

Also, Southland Tales benefits from watching blazed out of your mind ('cause you're not going to understand it anyway first time around, so you might as well just go with it).

dazed and confused

or drunk

This and Fast Times at Ridgemont High are my vote for the best movies to watch when you're drunk or high and don't feel like thinking much.

Archived