IGNORED

Campfire Headphase is incredible

Capsaicin

Apart from the "record slow-down effect" at the end, Chromakey Dreamcoat is one of BoC's best tracks I think. It transports me back to my own childhood more than any other track of theirs - it evokes summers spent at the Strawberry Canyon public pool or Lake Temescal so uncannily, I can almost feel the hot concrete and taste those artificially flavored frozen popsicles....quite amazing.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apart from the "record slow-down effect" at the end, Chromakey Dreamcoat is one of BoC's best tracks I think. It transports me back to my own childhood more than any other track of theirs - it evokes summers spent at the Strawberry Canyon public pool or Lake Temescal so uncannily, I can almost feel the hot concrete and taste those artificially flavored frozen popsicles....quite amazing.

If you think about it as a "reel to reel tape recorder slow-down effect" then it's cooler.

Guest theSun

i would like a little more variation from the guitar lines, but overall i think this is one of their best. i really have to be in the mood for it though.

It's the first time they've used guitar samples.... they pulled it off in my opinion. TCH is their most in depth album, i think i can remember a quote from one of em saying that "TCH is them" i'd admit that i'd probably pick Geogaddi and then MHTRTC over this album, but having said that there is something so subtle about TCH and i can really relate to it with LSD. i don't want to offend anyone or make accusations and talk about drugs but i think this album was inspired by the effects of acid. there are so many things that link up and create instant nostalgia with this album, which they are know for, but for me it's more profound in this album. for example; The guitar sample in Chromakey Dreamcoat, which is like the fucken best song, is reminiscent of the guitar sample used in Oscar see through Red Eye, which will always give me that nostalgic feeling and remind me of an acid trip. the album as a whole is beautiful and i really can't wait for their next material LP EP anything...

i found some of the other posts quite suprising really, i thought there would be a bit more respect for this album, or maybe i'm just biased cause i think that everything that BoC relesases is a 10 out of 10

It's the first time they've used guitar samples.... they pulled it off in my opinion. TCH is their most in depth album, i think i can remember a quote from one of em saying that "TCH is them" i'd admit that i'd probably pick Geogaddi and then MHTRTC over this album, but having said that there is something so subtle about TCH and i can really relate to it with LSD. i don't want to offend anyone or make accusations and talk about drugs but i think this album was inspired by the effects of acid. there are so many things that link up and create instant nostalgia with this album, which they are know for, but for me it's more profound in this album. for example; The guitar sample in Chromakey Dreamcoat, which is like the fucken best song, is reminiscent of the guitar sample used in Oscar see through Red Eye, which will always give me that nostalgic feeling and remind me of an acid trip. the album as a whole is beautiful and i really can't wait for their next material LP EP anything...

i found some of the other posts quite suprising really, i thought there would be a bit more respect for this album, or maybe i'm just biased cause i think that everything that BoC relesases is a 10 out of 10

Aw, shit.  Read the rules.

Aw, shit. Read the rules.

umm i did, when i joined 6 months ago.... was there something i missed?

A really mature direction for an album by BOC (dare I say)

Stand out tracks for me personally are Sherbert Head/Constants are Changing

I just haven't got any clue about which sort of musical direction they will head into next. I am a fairly new listener to the band, but I could imagine this album pleasantly surprising many people back in '05.. I think some people may have been expecting a Geogaddi part 2, presumably.

umm i did, when i joined 6 months ago.... was there something i missed?

lol, probably not!

A really mature direction for an album by BOC (dare I say)

Stand out tracks for me personally are Sherbert Head/Constants are Changing

I just haven't got any clue about which sort of musical direction they will head into next. I am a fairly new listener to the band, but I could imagine this album pleasantly surprising many people back in '05.. I think some people may have been expecting a Geogaddi part 2, presumably.

I was expecting something along those lines, but I don't care now; eventually I accepted that they did something different, and my opinion of it wasn't about to make them change it.

• 3 months later...

i can't rank BoC releases. they are all the best in their own way.

finally someone speaks some sense. what's amazed me is they've maintained their ideals while drastically changing their sound from album to album. they are two of the most incredible producers to date in my opinion.

i've never understood how someone could like one or two of their albums without liking all of their music. i feel like its something where if you can at all appreciate it you realize that they're incredible, and if you can't you don't. while i certainly have a few favorites i've found every track they produced to be incredible. that's what i appreciate most out of them -- they're perfectionists and don't put something out until they're sure it's in their final form.

I had a bit of a moan about TCH on here a couple of years ago, but I've grown to like it more and more as time's gone on. I get bored waiting for Maquarie Ridge though during the last few minutes of Farewell Fire which irritates me and makes me skip (which I don't normally do with albums), and Hey Saturday Sun is one of my least faves of BoC ever. Tears From The Compound though is all kinds of lush.

whatever, i still think it is shitty and I've tried quite a few times over the years to enjoy it. Its just too dry and not my style at all. too much twangy guitar with strangely unenjoyable chord progressions. Theres a couple songs that I can take in doses but for the most part the album just gets annoying after a few tracks and I want to turn something else on.

Never really liked this album except for a few (first half pretty much) but listened again while doing some work one night. Was a lot better than I remembered, although some songs like Hey Saturday Sun and Atachornornvofnihfjbjcvjfb I still don't care too much for. In no way beats Geo or MHTRTC though.

Archived