IGNORED

Prison

Guest Iain C

Prison in South Korea must be boring as fuck.

You're in your cell for 23 out of the 24 hours. 1 hour exercise a day. Oh and you have to have someone bring you food otherwise you don't get any.

My friend was in for about 6 months before he got deported (drugs are bad mmmkay?).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol at having someone bring you food - i can't imagine they let guys with no friends/family starve to death?

in china only one "exercise" per week...apart from scrubbing and cleaning the cell. The exercise room was literally 10 feet square if that, except the ceiling was open to the sky.

Guest ezkerraldean

i nearly got done for kidnapping when i was 17

but no prison

that's a fun story

Guest Iain C

I thought that Maja twat left for good.

Anyway, thanks George for sharing your experiences. A couple of people I know (not really friends) have done short stretches and they basically say the same thing - one bloke in particular got sent to the new-ish Peterborough prison for 6 months (possession with intent) which generally only takes male prisoners from the local area. Apparently it was like a school reunion. This probably sounds really facetious but what sort of domino/card games were popular? I play a lot myself, generally Five Up dominoes and cribbage for cards.

Don't ask why I'm curious because I'm not even sure myself. I'm not about to get sent down for anything.

Guest idrn
Nowhere fucking near as bad as made out. Television, dominoes, magazines, books, gym. You still have to be on your guard of course, but going to prison in England is like spending six months at a new job, thats about it really, I was lucky though I knew the half people in there, what with my godfather being charles bronson and his best mate is also mine (went to school with my mum). Was a ride, I wouldn't be THAT bothered about going back as long as I was going back to Bedford. This isn't a reccomendation by the way.

jesus christ, i realise this is the internet but i hope that's true.

charles bronson. charles. fucking. bronson.

Bronson2DM_228x345.jpg

bronson_glasses_28527t.jpg

mental.

its true about the bronson thing. i met his mate who was/is a biker dude when i went to luton with mrs ludd. he told me im now protected there if i ever need it due to my association with her. then he french kissed me. :embrassed:

(true btw)

Guest Gary C

I've been to jail, not prison. Pretty boring. Just a really uncomfortable room, food sucked, toilet broke. Luckily I was rat-arsed so I could sleep through most of it. The utter boredom might've got to me if not.

There were some scary Mexicans chained together though.

Guest JohnTqs
I've been to jail, not prison. Pretty boring. Just a really uncomfortable room, food sucked, toilet broke. Luckily I was rat-arsed so I could sleep through most of it. The utter boredom might've got to me if not.

There were some scary Mexicans chained together though.

rat-arsed=drunk?

charles bronsons son lives about 6 houses away from me, he's a complete fuckup.

im looking at 6 weeks for dealing if my court case goes miserably against me.

Guest Gary C

I drank a bottle of vodka, started a fight on my house-mates, and then tried to walk the highway at 3am in the seasons heaviest snow-storm. Nothing particularly illegal, but they essentially saved my life or else I would've died that night. So yeah, my life is worth $300 bail.

But this was the week before I got evicted, and two weeks before I got fired. Good times.

once spent a few hours in jail for "assaulting a police officer"..but the charges were later dropped and the officer was reprimanded....was a really scary few hours though....i thought i might spend the next decade in jail.

Guest Gary C

The worst thing about that day was having to hitch-hike back from the jail. I eventually found a Mormon family who offered to give me a lift, but I felt absolutely terrible when the husband asked why I'd been walking the streets in the middle of nowhere anyway. His wife had obviously noticed that there was a jail nearby and managed to change the subject.

Damn, I felt terrible. I'd hate to have a real criminal record.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

some people use syrup. I prefer a guy to use jelly, right.

lol

Guest Iain C
jail not prison

Would you mind sharing the story? It's got to be better than Gary's "the police saved me from freezing to death when drunk" odyssey :wink:

I've never even been arrested... I don't break the law much these days (bit of weed or whathaveyou, skipping trains, not paying TV licence) but I've always been very careful. And I'm good at talking my way out of trouble.

im entirely incapable of not stealing from asda off the self service tills.

i go, and i mean to pay for everything, but then i get to the till and the unbelievable ease with which you can just pay for a quarter of your stuff and then walk out just overwhelms me. i ate like a king for a whole weekend in brighton for just 10 quid.

Guest theSun

just a question: wtf is a tv license? is it like a driver's license in that only people with it can operate a tv legally?

Guest Iain C
just a question: wtf is a tv license? is it like a driver's license in that only people with it can operate a tv legally?

It's a system in the UK used to pay for public, commercial-free broadcasting (the BBC tv and radio stations, essentially). If you own a TV or any device capable of recieving TV (like a laptop) and you use it to watch TV (rather than, say, play games) you have to pay - £140 a year per household for a colour TV, and half that for black and white I think.

It's a terrible system which should be replaced, but it pays for those Attenborough documentaries everybody loves. But I refuse to contribute any money towards the people who broadcast BBC3, a channel which is perhaps the surest sign of the decline of British civilisation. It's really easy to get away with not paying as the inspectors have no legal right to enter your house, they rely on threatening letters and intimidating advertising campaigns to get people to pay up.

Guest Iain C
im entirely incapable of not stealing from asda off the self service tills.

i go, and i mean to pay for everything, but then i get to the till and the unbelievable ease with which you can just pay for a quarter of your stuff and then walk out just overwhelms me. i ate like a king for a whole weekend in brighton for just 10 quid.

Yeah it's easy, but I don't think I could do it these days even though you're stealing off a huge multinational. I always stop and have a bit of a chat with the bloke who runs the self service on the night shift (I generally go shopping after midnight for some stupid reason) and I don't think I could cope with the shame if he caught me stealing!

He once said we should bring back National Service.

Plus, on a personal note I think stealing a fiver's worth of food or something if you're not actually penniless and starving is really petty and frankly beneath me. Which isn't intended as a judgement on you at all. I do sometimes eat the grapes and the pick and mix as I'm going around the shop :wink:

In fact, I started joyrex.com right after I got out of a 3 year prison stint for mutilating a corpse (I was given a lighter sentence since I had unknowingly helped the police find the body of a missing person who was a victim of a serial killer).

No, not really, but it sounded exciting for a moment, right?

Archived