IGNORED

Warp 20 pre order

stephen1966

Not cheap but probably a good investment. I've pre-ordered mine.

http://warp.net/records/warp20/warp20-box-set

Amongst the box set is:

Warp20 (Unheard): Triple 10" Vinyl

Secret treasures newly rediscovered from the Warp vaults. Unheard and rare tracks by Boards of Canada, Autechre, Broadcast, Elecktroids and others cut to 3 x 10" vinyl. Housed in uncoated card sleeves with debossed typography. Vinyl exclusive to Warp20 (Box Set).

Not long to wait and let's hope it's the start of a good year.

Guest extherium

Pre-ordered mine as well. What a nice birthday surprise for me!

Although something is hinting at me to get more than one. Looking at the scalpers for the limited edition of Autechre's Quaristice on eBay... and that's just a double CD. Got to wonder what someone would pay for this when it's no longer being pressed.

This shows the "unheard and rare" Boards of Canada track, but can't read the name: http://media.warp.net/images/1.jpg

How long till a tracklist gets out I wonder?

No, it doesn't - as stated on that page, the images are mockups and not the final product. You'll also note that all 5 or 6 of those sleeves are exactly the same, and the sheer fact there are 5 or 6 (and not 3, as it's supposed to be 3x10" vinyl) negates that being the real thing.

Guest phaelam
This shows the "unheard and rare" Boards of Canada track, but can't read the name: http://media.warp.net/images/1.jpg

How long till a tracklist gets out I wonder?

No, it doesn't - as stated on that page, the images are mockups and not the final product. You'll also note that all 5 or 6 of those sleeves are exactly the same, and the sheer fact there are 5 or 6 (and not 3, as it's supposed to be 3x10" vinyl) negates that being the real thing.

well it actually states that on the site. that track listings and look will vary. you are looking at a mock up.

but it does say there will be a couple rare tracks on there.

"Please note: The images shown are taken at prototype stage and are not wholly accurate to finished edition. However this is a fair representation of what will be produced. Any tracklist shown on images is for representation only."

yes rare BoC and Ae tracks. prob 1 or two of each as others will be on there

"Warp20 (Unheard)

Triple 10" VinylSecret treasures newly rediscovered from the Warp vaults. Completely unheard tracks by Boards of Canada, Autechre, Broadcast, Elecktroids and others cut to 3 x 10" vinyl. Housed in uncoated card sleeves with debossed typography. Vinyl exclusive to Warp20 (Box Set)."

order before july 5th or possibly miss out.

Guest lands end road

I hope that tracks soon to be released on the Warp20 3x10" aren't BoC's answer to the often talked about BoC boxset.

I hope that tracks soon to be released on the Warp20 3x10" aren't BoC's answer to the often talked about BoC boxset.

So, if some of the Old Tunes, or tracks we haven't even known about/heard of get released on the WARP 20 boxset, you'll be disappointed?

Prediction: BOC's contribution will be one or more of the previously unreleased tracks that are floating around in the recordings of the handful of live gigs they've done, like the Lighthouse party, for example.

Guest lands end road

So, if some of the Old Tunes, or tracks we haven't even known about/heard of get released on the WARP 20 boxset, you'll be disappointed?

Of course not. I just hope that by releasing these unheard tracks on the WARP 20 boxset, they won't brush off the idea of the full on boc(x)set. The one that everyone is always speculating about.

I would love it if "seven forty seven" or "Trails" from the old Geogaddi era website http://www.atomless.com/projects/boc/site/ were released.

boc___boardsofcanada_website___sevenfortyseven__flight_.mp3

Guest musicforairports

I don't know, the "unreleased" label kinda gets me since it doesn't always mean unheard, so its probably something we've all heard in one form or another, though a longer version of Trails would definitely be mind blowing.

Guest Moebius
Not cheap but probably a good investment. I've pre-ordered mine.

I dunno how good of an investment it'll be since the order run is open-ended based on preorders, i.e. "we'll make as many as we can sell". If it were strictly limited to 500 or something it'd be more valuable. But of course it still looks very sharp and well worth the money, imho.

• 2 weeks later...

i know every boc fan here knows the song from the lighthouse party... plans we've got some plans, one of this one of this one... the 13 meg mp3 i don't own any 10 inch records but would you say that song would fit on a 10 inch of one side? holy moly i would flip if that song is one of them.

At the maximum a ten inch record can fit about nine at the optimum and fourteen minutes at the maximum per side @33 1/3 Rpm.

I ordered my copy of this a couple of days ago. I am very much looking forward to recieving it.

Guest phaelam

you comprimise sonic range when you have too many tracks per side. look for there being 2 to 3 tracks on each side.

im guessing it will be 2 per side. unless there is a segue track squeezed in.

33rpm = 14-15min

45rpm = 10-11min

the more dynamic range, the less time you get. so look for those times to drop with a better recording [bigger grooves].

you comprimise sonic range when you have too many tracks per side. look for there being 2 to 3 tracks on each side.

im guessing it will be 2 per side. unless there is a segue track squeezed in.

33rpm = 14-15min

45rpm = 10-11min

the more dynamic range, the less time you get. so look for those times to drop with a better recording [bigger grooves].

That's about right.

I can't see them putting on more than one track a side though. Considering the price of the box set it wouldn't be worth compromising the sound quality.

Archived