IGNORED

starbucks?

chaosmachine

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
always large never grande or whatever they say, black coffee wit suga... girlfriend.

Yeah exactly; I'm always like 'I'd like a medium Pike Place' or whatever. No sugar though.

Their coffee is strong as a motherfucker, however!!! I am always totally wigged out when I leave after working there all day. Haven't been in a long time, saved a lot of $$$.

wait so you refuse to call it a grande but then youre like "Pike place roast plz Im so fucking gay"

Yes. I do care which coffee I get; I just don't care to sound like Roberto Begnini when I get it.

day 2: "medium pike place"

this is better than the latte, and half the price, but still nowhere close to a double double from tims. on the other hand, it seems to have a shitload of caffeine...!

Guest Iain C
are there more tea selections in English starbucks?

They have quite a few, all Twinings I believe. Probably 6 or 8 different varieties, but I couldn't tell you what they were. I'd imagine that aside from standard English Breakfast they have the usual Earl Grey, Assam, some green tea, and probably some herbal/fruit varieties. I just ordered a "tea" and got English Breakfast, as it should be. They put two tea-bags in one large takeaway cup.

yeah, i just looked up the data, there's 330mg of caffeine in a medium "pike place roast". that's more caffeine than drinking two cans of rockstar! should be a warning label on the cup :dizzy:

So, Peets coffee is intense. Very fresh, very complex and bold. I used to work there. Yeah, They have it in supermarkets but it isn't fresh like in the cafes. They are intense about their quality. The teas are all loose leaf. No bags. It affects the taste. One bit of craziness, the Rent for the Peets store in CAmbridge Mass./ harvard square was (at the time, circa year 2000) 50k usd a month! The manager told me. I don't know how you pay that every month

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1GGLS_en...l=en&tab=wl

fuck, no more starbucks coffee for me, this shit is deadly :O

i am still buzzing like an anxiety attack. i guess i should have ate something with it.

Totally! Before I figured it out, I was like WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I FALL ASLEEP?!?!?!?! AAAGGHHBZBZBZBZBTTTTT!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Guest beatfanatic

Tim Horton's Double Double is my beverage of choice

I feel un-Canadian if I chose something else

I like dunkin donuts, but will do Starbucks in a pinch. If I am in Buffalo NY for dinner or some other reason, I will go to Spot Coffee above both places, simply because they have a bit more of an interesting selection and the coffee generally tastes better. BUT, the down side is that you have to deal with super coffee shop fuck tards, who insist on studying and reading in the busiest location in the city. I mean, they do this at starbucks as well, but not nearly as many.

Also, in regards to Tim Hortons.... the coffee tastes the same to me, but for some reason, the American version of Tim Hortons coffee gives me an insane headache. I don't eat donuts really, so I can't comment on those.

Guest IRARI
Day 3: "Chai Tea Latte"

Finally something that doesn't taste like Tim Hortons gone terribly wrong. Spicy, like cinnamon and pepper. Pretty good.. almost worth the price.

panera is the place to get iced chai tea latte

starbucks can be good sometimes. But at some places the people who run it are fucking morons. I'm a huge fan of brewed coffee, rather than espresso, and they have a bad track record with me on that accord. I mean, its better than most places but still.

• 8 months later...
Guest ezkerraldean

i despise modern metro hipster coffee culture

i also don't like coffee much generally

[/vague rant]

Guest futuregirlfriend

I don't. There are some some pretty good independent and family run places here and I prefer to hang with the old folks.

Archived