IGNORED

WATMM Skin Requests and Issues

Joyrex

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is it possible to get a skin that makes it look like this

mj.png

Unless someone or IPB themselves decide to make a new skin based on the old skin the forums previously used (that was their old default skin), I doubt that's going to happen.

Besides, people bitched and complained when the forum last upgraded, changed from the blueish skin to that one, and now it's held in such high regard, blah blah blah. I'm sure once this skin gets replaced, people will pine for this one.

*sigh*

Guest nene multiple assgasms
If this is staying open all the time for you, you're probably not using Firefox, Opera, Chrome or Safari, and are probably using IE6 or lower. Upgrade to a more compliant browser. If this is not the case, please provide a screenshot. It could be possible if you're using Firefox and NoScript, you might be blocking the JavaScript that runs a lot of the menus and stuff on the forum - make an exception for WATMM in NoScript to solve this.<br />

I'm using the latest version of firefox with adblock plus and noscript. I have watmm.com allowed on noscript, though. the other site that shows up on noscript when I'm at watmm is googleapis.com, which I do have blocked.

If this is staying open all the time for you, you're probably not using Firefox, Opera, Chrome or Safari, and are probably using IE6 or lower. Upgrade to a more compliant browser. If this is not the case, please provide a screenshot. It could be possible if you're using Firefox and NoScript, you might be blocking the JavaScript that runs a lot of the menus and stuff on the forum - make an exception for WATMM in NoScript to solve this.

I'm using the latest version of firefox with adblock plus and noscript. I have watmm.com allowed on noscript, though. the other site that shows up on noscript when I'm at watmm is googleapis.com, which I do have blocked.

AH - I just the other day set it so that Google's hosted versions of JQuery and other scripts used on this forum come from there and are not hosted locally to reduce bandwidth/CPU cycles. Unblock googleapis.com and you should be right as rain.

Guest nene multiple assgasms
If this is staying open all the time for you, you're probably not using Firefox, Opera, Chrome or Safari, and are probably using IE6 or lower. Upgrade to a more compliant browser. If this is not the case, please provide a screenshot. It could be possible if you're using Firefox and NoScript, you might be blocking the JavaScript that runs a lot of the menus and stuff on the forum - make an exception for WATMM in NoScript to solve this.<br />

AH - I just the other day set it so that Google's hosted versions of JQuery and other scripts used on this forum come from there and are not hosted locally to reduce bandwidth/CPU cycles. Unblock googleapis.com and you should be right as rain.

ok, that fixed it!

Would it hurt to have a few more posts on the front page. Jesus fucking christ.

Go into your control panel, and change it to whatever you want - this is just the new 'default' setting.

Funny how people just can't ask nicely, they have to storm in, panties hiked up over their ears, whinging about this or that...

Guest Mr Salads

Joyrex thats how things get done. Have you ever seen a woman do something without putting her panties around her ears and screaming incessantly. Nope

• 6 years later...

hey just bought this back as i had an idea for the forum, sorry if there is a more relevant thread I couldn't find it with the few things I searched though

not sure how possible this is as it might just be something hardwired into the ip.board package but let me know what you think:

so one feature i like is being able to tell when I've posted in a thread by looking at the little icon with the two speech bubbles overlapping. is there a way to have a different icon when you have posted in the thread but not for quite a while? i guess it would just be easier to see when a conversation within a thread might include something you were talking about recently as opposed to one of the film or tv discussion threads where you might not have been active for a while.

it's a very minor thing that barely makes a difference I just thought it would be a neat little addition :wub:

I realise that this isn't specifically relevant to your suggestion, but perhaps it may help some users and it is along similar lines. Do you use the 'my content' feature that is resident in the username contained drop down menu sitting at the top right of watmm, in the cluster of buttons next to the sign out, that contains things like settings and profile links. I find 'my content' pretty useful for navigating to threads that i've posted in and it lists them chronologically and illustrates new activity in those threads via bold text as per the way it does in the forum main. This way you can navigate back a few pages exclusively through topics that you were posting in, which can help when you're looking for a thread you can't remember the name of or haven't been around in a while.

You can also select 'only post' mode, which is helpful if a thread has really moved on since you last visited it and you want to pick up the conversation from where you left off. The link to the thread the post was nested in is at the top right of your post in this section and is an #, followed by a string of numbers.

• 4 weeks later...

plsplspls tight, compact skin so no whitespace at all between threads, no extra detail under avi pic etc, so more than one post can be seen per screen and conversations are easier to follow

pretty pretty please

Mobile version sucks at the moment because it seems to have a bug where the next/previous page button loads the first page of the thread instead. Sometimes this extends so that even the forum index link at the top will load the first page, very annoying

Archived