IGNORED

drukqs cd2 is better than drukqs cd1

brian trageskin

i'm listening to drukqs 2 with headphones (haven't had headphones for ages/haven't listened listened to drukqs since ages) and well, drukqs 2 is far better than cd1 IMHO. btoum roumada is great, i never really noticed. meltphace 6 is the fucking shit. the playlist is way more cohesive, drukqs 1 is too sketchy, too many fillers. yeah, there are some fillers in d2 but they're in the right place, they really add something to the album.

holy shit, taking control is so fucking cool and twisted. yeah this album definitely delivers, this is the kind of shit i expect from the man. it is taking me to unsuspected places.

one cool thing also is to kind of discover all these little "under-sounds" i never really gave attention to in d1. so many arrangements, so many ideas, maybe too many. d2 is more simple regardind production imo and reaches its goal. ok there are some epic wagnerian arrangements in afx237 v7 and ziggomatic but they don't add complexity to the album. it's like a journey through different landscapes, you walk/run through isolated/wide open/mystical places, and it seems like there's always something new/hidden behind the horizon (yes i'm a poet).

thank you richard d. james for this great album and i hope the new one's gonna kill me. bye

brian, let me be the 1st to welcome you to 2001.

For me it's a toss up. I think I like disk 1 metter just because it has Mt. St. Michel & Vordhosbn... The piano interludes are better too if I remember right. 54 beats, ziggo, and taking control are amazing though of course.

I kind of have to disagree. I like Jwenthek Ylow, Vordhosbn, Cock/Ver10, and Mt. St. Michel Mix+St. Michael's Mount way too much.

I quite like Avril 14th, Kesson Dalef, and Orban Eq Trx4 too.

Guest theSun

no one ever mentions Omgyjya-Switch7.

kicks the shit out of mt st michel's stupid ending that gives me a headache 100% of the time.

A friend of mine says omgyablabla features Indiana Jones' whip. On my side, I like to remember that Munch whipped the shit out of his paintings.

Guest Calx Sherbet

mt st michel's stupid ending that gives me a headache 100% of the time.

mission accomplished, Richard!

kicks the shit out of mt st michel's stupid ending that gives me a headache 100% of the time.

I like what ending for its intensity, its like a modern day Ventolin but what better.

Guest theSun

I like what ending for its intensity, its like a modern day Ventolin but what better.

if by "Ventolin" you mean an annoying effect thrown on top of the whole song you're right. am i the only one that can't deal with that ending? people seem to love that track

Guest theSun

54 cymru has a build up to the chaos, and there is a cool rhythm that is almost danceable in that part. mt st michel is just an annoying effect getting turned up (apparently a gate)

I don't agree. I don't think it has as many strong tracks as disc 1, and the order of the tracks isn't as good. Petiatil Cx Htdui and Ziggomatic 17 are my favourites. Whenever I listen to Meltphace 6, it begins and I think it's sublime, but I don't enjoy the rest. Something about it that I can't get into. I love Btoum-Roumada and Penty Harmomium. I find the order of the tracks on disc 1 to be pretty perfect. Vordhosbn after Jynweythek Ylow, Bbydhyonchord after Gwely Mernans, Gwarek2 after Mt. Saint Michel Mix+St. Michaels Mount. Disc 1 is amazing in the middle, from track 6 to track 11. Whereas disc 2 lags in the middle, after Meltphace 6. 3 filler tracks, then Taking Control, which I'm not keen on, then 2 more piano tracks. Afx237 V7 onwards is fantastic.

I can listen to disc 1 and enjoy it as a stand alone album, but I'm less satisfied if I just listen to disc 2 on its own. I rarely listen to disc 2 straight after disc 1 because I've had enough by then.

I've lost any respect for anything you may ever say again about IDM music.

This is one of the most emotionally profound moments in music that I have ever experienced.

Go back to the Autechre subforum.

I've lost any respect for anything you may ever say again about IDM music.

This is one of the most emotionally profound moments in music that I have ever experienced.

Go back to the Autechre subforum.

MY HERO :wub:

Archived