IGNORED

XBox 360 is of a good price

Blir

Don't know why I'm involved in this debate, I don't even like video games. The last video game I played was Pong and I had to stop playing that after ten minutes because the computer was scanning my mind for embarassing childhood memories.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think in all honesty the 360 pad is the best, most comfortable and responsive pad I've used for a console. Followed up by the N64's.

I think in all honesty the 360 pad is the best, most comfortable and responsive pad I've used for a console. Followed up by the N64's.

Gamecube controller? I agree about the 360 pad, just about flawless

For some reason I didn't get along with the Gamecubes as well. Well built but wasn't comfortable to me. I've got big hands, that might have had something to do with it.

Gamecube controller? I agree about the 360 pad, just about flawless

For some reason I didn't get along with the Gamecubes as well. Well built but wasn't comfortable to me. I've got big hands, that might have had something to do with it.

yeah i get ya. The triggers were a bit silly, kinda goofy springy, and massive odd 'x' and 'y' buttons. felt good in the hands for me though

It may be just me, but I think the classic D-pad on the 360 controller is a disaster. I hate having to use it to select stuff.

No complaints about the triggers, joysticks and buttons though.

It may be just me, but I think the classic D-pad on the 360 controller is a disaster. I hate having to use it to select stuff.

yes.

one thing I've noticed with the 360 controller is it collects a dickload of grime and assorted filth. Perhaps this is just a reflection of my hygeine though....

yes.

one thing I've noticed with the 360 controller is it collects a dickload of grime and assorted filth. Perhaps this is just a reflection of my hygeine though....

It's your hygiene - hands get sweaty, dries up on the controller. ew.

Guest blicero

yes.

um, it's white...

Mine is black.

Although I agree almost entirely with the 360 controller being superior, the joysticks on the 360 are placed perfectly, BUT: I will concede that the Ps2/3 Joystick pads feel like wonderful sex to the thumbs. Like the lips of some super hot slut. Conversely, the 360 joystick pads are concave and tend to cause a bit of irritation to the thumbs after prolonged use.

That being said I still prefer the 360 controller. PS3 is set up way too mechanically/mathematically sound which does not bode well for organic beings.

the new controllers the d-pad is more fluid.

xbox360_controller_2.jpg

That's not even a real 360 controller - where's the xbox button in the centre?

that was a early 2004 prototype for the 360, note - its still wired.

yes.

mate, sounds like you've got a dickload of dick load.

the new controllers the d-pad is more fluid.

xbox360_controller_2.jpg

That's not even a real 360 controller - where's the xbox button in the centre?

that was a early 2004 prototype for the 360, note - its still wired.

Well, why'd you say it was a "new" controller? 2004 is before the 360 even came out, so this is what the pad that currently ships with the 360 is like, right (sans the wires)?

just grabbed a brand new elite for $235 out the door, online, after bing cashback... I'm a happy camper.

That's a good deal - as expected, Microsoft has lowered the price of the 360 to match the new lower price of the PS3, so now there's really nothing stopping anyone (well, except money, lol) from going out and getting the console they prefer, since they are basically the same price*

*of course, with the 360, if you want WiFi and a HD larger than the stock 80GB some come with, you'll have to spend upwards of another 200USD to achieve that :wink:

Archived