IGNORED

Welcome To General Music Discussion!

Mr12000

Guest Dirty Protest

People are dying from poverty and wars an' shit, and you're moaning about more clicking....

And your concerning yourself about my clicking, Christ, this social apathy spreads like a yawn.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stupid idea, the forum doesn't need more forums. And since when did Joyrex start taking into consideration the opinion of others in a fucking DMX krew thread, the majority of people here are idiots. There's a group of a couple of dozen reasonably intelligent frequent posters here*, why not just send them pms if you want feedback?

*I'm not including myself in this.

I've always taken the community's opinions into consideration - some really good ideas have been borne from that very process.

You let me know who the "reasonably intelligent" people here are, and I might consider doing that :emotawesomepm9:

so is there going to be a dmx krew subforum or not? how long does the poll have to go on?

I thought I made it pretty clear in my response - in short, no. This forum is the solution to any "[insert artist name here] needs a subforum" discussion.

i didn't see that post before i made this post. this shit is kind of confusing. Also, is it going to be hard to put the artists subforums on the top like the old board? I imagine they would all get more traffic that way, as opposed to having to fiddle with the drop down menu or having to click on General Discussion or some shit. I'm not complaining. just asking.

No, it's totally possible, I just haven't done it yet - I'll try tonight or tomorrow since so many have asked about that recently.

Guest assegai

I never visited anything but general banter because I would atleast get music news in that forum. This is too much. Don't like it. I say get rid of all the subforums!. At this rate we should have a movie subforum, books subforum, cars subforum, subforum for subforum suggestion, your favorite color subforum

i really think this should be moved below gen ban, next to the other music related forum, i keep clicking on this thinking its gen ban

I did that purposely as I want the focus of the site to move towards music again...

whatever sense of community that was left here is really going to be spread thin now

I dunno about that, Fred - people who want to talk music will be here, and those who enjoy the off-topic banter will be in General Banter, and those wishing to partake in both will hop back and forth. I think the separation will actually bring people back, as some have left with the feeling that WATMM was getting too far from it's original purpose/message with all the poop/fart/sex jokes and non-music threads. This gives them a clear alternative.

Guest David R James

I dont know why people dont like this new sub forum, i reckon it just helps seperate the different types of topics. I'll find it easier anyways...

Its because people are too lazy to navigate a little bit more to find all of their shit.

I mean... come on people how can you be lazy when you're using a computer? It takes virtually no strength to move your mouse and click a few extra times. The added benefit of better organization is undeniable

Its because people are too lazy to navigate a little bit more to find all of their shit.

I mean... come on people how can you be lazy when you're using a computer? It takes virtually no strength to move your mouse and click a few extra times. The added benefit of better organization is undeniable

Well, in web design, there is a "3 click rule" that generally states that a user should not have to click more than 3 times to get to the content he or she is looking for.

In the forum's case, you click twice at the most to get from one forum to another.

ahh, good one, except that you click onto the internets with either a mouse or a printercable, not a keyboard

but yes i have a tiny weener

hmmmm... i love soiling quality academic music discussion by talking about my boner. this forum might work afterall.

I think that the featured artists subforums should be a subforums to this forum

I dunno if you saw the discussion on that before, but I decided against it due to the need of having the artists inside a container to keep them organized, then they would be sub-subforums. Now that's too buried down.

Guest Stoppit

I don't know shit about web design, but instead of:

Forums>General Discussion>General Music Discussion etc

meaning you have to click on general discussion to get back to the screen that allows you to select general banter..

couldn't you do tabs like this?:

post-6667-12518825591075_thumb.jpg

then you could access all 5 of the main subforums in one click. just a thought...

i really hate this to be honest with you, having to go back out to that main page to go through the general forums is really irritating. its annoying enough having to click so many different things with the musician sub forums and splitting general banter up into 2 is just bad

meaning you have to click on general discussion to get back to the screen that allows you to select general banter..

watmmtabs.jpg

then you could access all 5 of the main subforums in one click. just a thought...

That's a really, really good idea! I'll try that!

i really hate this to be honest with you, having to go back out to that main page to go through the general forums is really irritating. its annoying enough having to click so many different things with the musician sub forums and splitting general banter up into 2 is just bad

OR... you could use the dropdown box in the lower right of EVERY FORUM PAGE...

HURR DURR VIEW NEW CONTENT HURR DURR :crazy:

Fucking LOL

watmmtabs.jpg

Hell yeah, that looks grand !

I've got the code in place for this, just need to add the category links (going to try and do this programmatically, without hardcoding the links if possible), and I've got the forum quick jump dropdown to work onchange, so no more clicking that damn Go button!

Archived