IGNORED

Raster-Noton

Capsaicin

I fell in love with Raster-Noton a few weeks ago. Thanks WATMM. without it, it could have been a while since i discovered it by myself.

much love for alva noto, byetone and frank brettschneider (signal) over here.

grischa lichtenberger's ep is good, too.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aoki Takamasa is worth checking out as well. Apart from that raster-noton release last year he's got some great stuff out on progressive form.

• 3 months later...

Fucking brilliant take on a rather po faced (but awesome) artist / release.

it's actually an official vid though. i find the idea of alva noto releasing a promo vid really funny for some reason.

i always think carsten nicolai half-has his tongue in his cheek :emotawesomepm9:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest disparaissant

COMING SOON:

R-N122 - SENKING. PONG

R-N121 - ANBB: ALVA NOTO & BLIXA BARGELD. MIMIKRY

R-N124 - KANGDING RAY. PRUITT IGOE

R-N125 - MARK FELL. MULTISTABILITY

niiice

just checked out ANBB

something about alva noto and blixa bargeld covering "one is the loneliest number" and "i wish i was a mole in the ground" is just... amazing. absolutely amazing, haha.

for those not on the raster list. this appears to be like the other books published by RN in that it is a) incredibly cool and b) not quite cool enough for me to justify the outlay of cash to my wife. quite sad, in fact

there's a new book available on raster-noton online store from today:

carsten nicolai. moiré index

order#: r-n126

format: book + cd (data)

more information: http://www.raster-noton.net

online shop - free worldwide shipping: https://shop.raster-noton.net

In this book, Carsten Nicolai explores the moiré effect — a phenomenon that can be created by the overlay of lines. Although such interference patterns are mostly considered to be unwanted side effects, they are actually extremely interesting from an aesthetic perspective. This first extensive visual compendium of these patterns is accompanied by a CD that contains not only the featured moirés as digital files, but also individual elements that can be used to create an almost endless amount of new overlays.

hardcover, 312 pages, black/white with 14 color plates, 185x230x38 mm, includes 1 cd containing 549 free editable .svg files and 864 .pdf files, published by gestalten

moire2_newsletter.jpg

Archived