IGNORED

So I'm in love with my best friend

Guest abusivegeorge

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make yourself unavailable to her, improve your fashion sense and cross your fingers.

lol, depressingly probably the best advice so far.

Guest Coalbucket PI

in these kind of situations you find yourself knowing what you need to do and what is going to happen (she doesnt love you, better off just trying to get over it) but still you do the wrong thing (tell her you love her, let her string you along)

I was in love with a girl. She was unavailable and didn't like me.

She's buried under my new shed now so it worked out in the end.

That woman sounds like she's got too much baggage, definitely abandon ship.

this is what i was thinking.

here's a personal anecdote. one of my best friends (charlie) started going out with his good friend (lisa) a month ago. they were friends for a few years, charlie fell in love with her, and she returned the feelings.

apparently, although lisa is a super fun chick to be around, very zany and funny, she was an absolute nightmare for charlie as a girlfriend.

they broke that shit off last week and now they hate each other, making stuff really awkward for me (i gotta tiptoe around both of them).

so ask yourself if a relationship that could be very temporary is worth losing a strong friendship you have now.

Guest abusivegeorge

Well been on the phone with her all morning, I feel free as a fucking bird to have gotten it off my chest and told her, I know now that I can move forward for the better, and become mentally more stable now that she knows, she is not bothered, she loves me dearly and doesn't want our friendship to change, she doesn't feel weird and I feel fucking great.

Thankyou for all the replies guys, and you're all right as well, it is too much baggage as we are both sick people and this is better off how it is, I am just glad not to have not lost the friendship because thats all I was worried about. For the recored she has never strung me along, and I have never made my feelings towards her known untill now, she had no idea and she has never flirted with me nor acted in anyway like that, as she is a sex and love addict and she is in recovery from it, so shes always refrained.

I love you all God Bless X.

Guest JohnTqs

I have told her that I've had thoughts about us being a couple before, and we had a chat, and she said she wouldn't have a relationship with me as I'm a bit young for her (shes 29 and has always like older men), she doesn't know that I'm mad in love with her, every morning I wake up and all I want to do is ask her to marry me. What makes it worse is that she has a five year old boy who I love dearly too, his father came onto the scene recently, and this just made me realise how much I love them both.

I just want to die.

/weed thread.

Yeah!

Guest ezkerraldean

no george nooooo

man i was just like this a few months ago, absolutely obsessed with some random posh lass with a long nose. she then proceeded to hook up with this fat londoner who couldn't spell, and i was appropriately devastated. luckily however, i was picked up by a savage canadian bear-beast shortly after this, and have lived happily ever after.

Guest thanksomuch

Move to Brazil. It's the only solution.

no. move to Thailand

I agree...much better looking ladyboys in Thailand.

what better way to get your mind off a woman then a Thai ladyboy?

dear george,

i am glad you have found peace in this situation

sincerely,

vamos

ps

i fall in love with just about every girl i run into. therefor i've had to deal with the friendship thing many times. unfortunately it makes me very uncomfortable most of the time.

funny story:

i was friends with a girl since kindergarten. last year (about 15 years down the line) i foolishly asked her if she wanted to "be fuck buddies." big mistake. haven't talked to her since, really. a pity, seriously. i miss her. i'm a complete fool.

dear george,

i am glad you have found peace in this situation

sincerely,

vamos

ps

i fall in love with just about every girl i run into. therefor i've had to deal with the friendship thing many times. unfortunately it makes me very uncomfortable most of the time.

funny story:

i was friends with a girl since kindergarten. last year (about 15 years down the line) i foolishly asked her if she wanted to "be fuck buddies." big mistake. haven't talked to her since, really. a pity, seriously. i miss her. i'm a complete fool.

whatever man good on you for havin the balls to ask.

Archived