miles....man miles....him and Coltrane were the lennon/McCartney of jazz

fantastic.....first time i heard bitches brew i realized that JAZZ IDM exsisted

i hope you mean Miles was McCartney and Coltrane was Lennon

albumcoverMilesDavis-MilesSmiles.jpg

shit is absolutely fantastic

miles....man miles....him and Coltrane were the lennon/McCartney of jazz

fantastic.....first time i heard bitches brew i realized that JAZZ IDM exsisted

i hope you mean Miles was McCartney and Coltrane was Lennon

I hope you mean that Miles and Coltrane were musicians several times the caliber of Lennon/McCartney and that to say either one of them was better than the other is fucking ridiculous.

i currently have a strong preference for miles. he's more minimal, angular, and stripped down. more odd

but i've had in the past a very strong preference for coltrane. his sound, to me, is more spiritual, free, and less "perfect," if you know what i mean

Miles and Coltrane are apples and oranges, albeit both delicious. I love the second great quintet and have been enjoying Miles Smiles quite a bit recently. And Silent / Bitches Brew / On The Corner are all timeless fusion classics. Anyone know if the "complete sessions" reissues are worth tracking down? I'd love to hear more material/outtakes from these session but am less keen on enduring 4 or 5 alternate versions of the final album tracks.

As the av indicates I've also been huge into Herbie lately (the 1975 live Flood album is incredible btw), really enjoying the spaced out pre-headhunters stuff at the moment: Crossings, Sextant, etc. Can anyone recommend any similar fusion from around this period that might also be worth a listen? I've checked out a bit of John McLaughlin but that jazz-rock fusion tends to get a little boring after a while. I did find San Francisco by Bobby Hutcherson (1970) which is a damn fine album in its own right.

Miles and Coltrane are apples and oranges, albeit both delicious. I love the second great quintet and have been enjoying Miles Smiles quite a bit recently. And Silent / Bitches Brew / On The Corner are all timeless fusion classics. Anyone know if the "complete sessions" reissues are worth tracking down? I'd love to hear more material/outtakes from these session but am less keen on enduring 4 or 5 alternate versions of the final album tracks.

As the av indicates I've also been huge into Herbie lately (the 1975 live Flood album is incredible btw), really enjoying the spaced out pre-headhunters stuff at the moment: Crossings, Sextant, etc. Can anyone recommend any similar fusion from around this period that might also be worth a listen? I've checked out a bit of John McLaughlin but that jazz-rock fusion tends to get a little boring after a while. I did find San Francisco by Bobby Hutcherson (1970) which is a damn fine album in its own right.

where the fuck did you get flood! I've been looking all over for it.

also, thrust is pretty much all you need in terms of fusion. there is so much on that record, it can last a fucking lifetime. mike clark. nuff said.

been listening to sun ra - jazz in silhouette. really well composed bop - pre "saturn psycho crazy free jazz" sun ra

also: sun ra - solo piano - one of the weirdest piano recordings i've ever heard. highly recommended. proof that sun ra was a genius

also some clifford brown + max roach and schizophrenia by wayne shorter

not to mention continued play of miles smiles which is becoming one of my favorite recordings of all time

Guest nene multiple assgasms

not to mention continued play of miles smiles which is becoming one of my favorite recordings of all time

yes! you should get e.s.p. next.

Archived