IGNORED

Animal Collective - Fall Be Kind

Saw on Pitchfork that there is a page in place on Amazon for a mysterious new A.C. album due out at the end of the year. Full length? Ep? No info at this point, but it can be preordered.

Amazon

Feel free to post anything here as more comes out on this release. Also saw yesterday that they are readying a reissue of Campfire Songs too btw...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jesus, I wonder when/if they'll ever stop being so productive/popular.

They gotta lose their steam! :O

yippie, that's good news. i'm wondering if it'll be as electronic as their last one or more acoustic again.

Guest Glass Plate

lol I could never handle that place.

Those people listen to like every single boot leg and name half of their songs for them... it's just too much for me.

Turns out that this will actually be a single for Brothersport. Not quite as exciting, but we'll take it...

It isn't the mysterious Fall Be Kind, but on December 8, we will definitely have a new Animal Collective single.

The "Brothersport" 10" is due on Domino, featuring the Merriweather Post Pavilion track backed by the live B-side "Bleeding".

brothersport452.jpg

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

so:

1. Graze

2. What Would I Want? Sky

3. Bleed

4. On a Highway

5. I Think I Can

i've not been listening bootlegs but i've heard the radio studio version of trk2. pretty nice.

:wtf:

i dont understand why they changed "grace" to "graze"...

did they change it or did the fans name that it grace?

thats the BBC live studio session of the track off the new ep with the grateful dead sample.

looking forward to seeing how it turns out on the ep. has potential in that version

i knew that. i hear potential. fix the drums etc.

unrelated: just been listening to water curses ep. still think that its a great release.

Guest Glass Plate

yeah I definitely think Water Curses the title track is the best thing they've ever done, after that they got more and more lazy. They just wanna play a loop from their sampler and make echos and sing stupid suburban lyrics over it.

Guest margaret thatcher

i think i prefer stuff like "what do i want sky" to their more structured material. i was always more of a fan of their more flowing, stretched out works like "banshee beat" and "safer", rather than their more recent, brighter, more pop orientated material. so this sounds exciting. i like their darker works...

i love that song

unbroken chain? hells yes. amazing song.

yeah I definitely think Water Curses the title track is the best thing they've ever done, after that they got more and more lazy. They just wanna play a loop from their sampler and make echos and sing stupid suburban lyrics over it.

lol. scary how true this post is.

I've never liked What do I Want Sky... it starts off pretty cool, but the voice loop is kinda goofy sounding and the twinkle bells are REDICULOUS... not even funny, just bad.

But everything else they do is super so I'm sure I'll like the ep... looking forward to a studio version of Graze and On a Highway

Archived