Unreleased Aphex track to be played on Electronic Explorations

Guest maddestmax

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st track in Mike's mix

monolith (forthcoming rephlex)

Forthcoming rephlex??!?!?!?!

Since when was Monolith signed to Rephlex? and why would Mike decide to play talent that isn't even in his label (outside of Rich of course) as I thought the whole idea was him showcasing Mu...

Guest ZeroHour

1st track in Mike's mix

Since when was Monolith signed to Rephlex? and why would Mike decide to play talent that isn't even in his label (outside of Rich of course) as I thought the whole idea was him showcasing Mu...

there was an interview with grant a while back saying that both monolith & steinvord had signed

Guest surgeon

1st track in Mike's mix

Whenever I commission someone to make a mix for my show, its complete and utter artistic license, so Mike can do what the fuck he wants with his mix ... no harm in promoting rephlex or having a 6 minute braindance at the beginning of his set ...

Ahhh Mike's mix is the most exciting thing musically I've heard in a long time, especially that opening track. Thank you so much for this!!!

Sorry, I don't have anything useful to contribute... just my thanks!!!

Actually, have you guys seen this interview? Dated Oct 7th, 2009.

http://www.skiddle.com/news/all/Rephlex-Interview/4103/

Of note is this excerpt:

Have you any upcoming released on Rephlex records that we should look out for?

15 new projects coming from, among others

Bogdan Raczynksi

Jodey Kendrick

DMX Krew

Aleksi Perala

Wisp

Macc & dgoHn

Monolith

D’Arcangelo

Steinvord

We are hoping to breath some life into electronic music and dance music with this concentrated wave of lush music so I hope people listen up!

ludd is full of shit. The track is actually 'Thunderbird Malteser' by Monolith

are you sure?

it sounds like an alternate mix of buckfast trampoline to me

Turns out we're both miles out. I've just heard on the grapevine that it's Steinvord's rephlex debut - uprushjack v3. They missed out the blendered amen section at the end. Moving boldly into new territory

1st track in Mike's mix

Whenever I commission someone to make a mix for my show, its complete and utter artistic license, so Mike can do what the fuck he wants with his mix ... no harm in promoting rephlex or having a 6 minute braindance at the beginning of his set ...

Fair enough...

haha, nice Surgeon posts here. I didn't even notice that. yeah and i don't think Rephlex can lay claim to Monolith either, that's like saying Wisp represents Rephlex records. Rephlex found them both after each artist gained quite a large following online.

i got a demo sent to RLR that sounded remarkably Tuss-like and i could have sworn it was either Monolith or Steinvord going under a different name. i would not be surprised at all if i heard the LP that was sent to me crop up on a Rephlex release in 1-2 years from now.

Guest sickboy

i got a demo sent to RLR that sounded remarkably Tuss-like and i could have sworn it was either Monolith or Steinvord going under a different name. i would not be surprised at all if i heard the LP that was sent to me crop up on a Rephlex release in 1-2 years from now.

lol . i would.

this means that afx and u-ziq aren't fighting anymore huh

They were fighting in the first place :S I thought they were good mates from the whole Mike and Rich thing...

this means that afx and u-ziq aren't fighting anymore huh

They were fighting in the first place :S I thought they were good mates from the whole Mike and Rich thing...

I vaguely remember an interview where Mike mentioned not being paid a cent for either Tango or Bluff (don't remember which one, this was many a year ago) and that causing some fallout. I don't remember the details though, the 90's did my head in.

Also, it's not the article/interview I was thinking of but Mike had to serve Rephlex with a legal notice to get Bluff Limbo released (after 3 years since it was originally cut).

Here

I'm starting up the Planet U label independently. We've got Jega from Skam Records doing two singles and an album. Boards of Canada will be doing an album. I'm going to be doing another colloboration with Aphex that should be out next year. There'll also be something with Speedy J. I've also got a compilation coming out, maybe called Meal Time, with Aphex Twin, my stuff and new artists from my label. That's all kind of stratch-type jungle.

Also, it's not the article/interview I was thinking of but Mike had to serve Rephlex with a legal notice to get Bluff Limbo released (after 3 years since it was originally cut).

Here

Owch, I never knew...

I'm starting up the Planet U label independently. We've got Jega from Skam Records doing two singles and an album. Boards of Canada will be doing an album. I'm going to be doing another colloboration with Aphex that should be out next year. There'll also be something with Speedy J. I've also got a compilation coming out, maybe called Meal Time, with Aphex Twin, my stuff and new artists from my label. That's all kind of stratch-type jungle.

heh, i remember in a recent interview mike saying how he got demo tapes from boards of canada, but decided not to release them on the label, and then seeing how big they became on warp feeling stupid about it. anyone remember what I'm talking about?

Archived