IGNORED

cheese pizza

Fred McGriff

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest theSun

buffalo pizza anyone? best of both worlds

not flat and slimy and foldy like NYC, yet a good bit of crust. eats like a real meal.

the best pizza is a well made margherita.

wtf. I said that.

if it helps, I agree with you completely.

lol, sorry, i deleted the wrong quotes.

but you are both right!

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

my pizza last night had brocolli and pesto on it. brocolli? hhhm. it was pretty good and i just ate the last slice cold for lunch

hells yeah i like brocollis on my pizza. DO WANT. however some places give you really stalky brocolli, which isn't that good because it wont cook through and it's harder to eat. but if it's mostly the treetop parts of the brocolli i like it.

i went back in read the first few pages of this thread. my thoughts on eating meat have changed somewhat. i do so now with less vigor and more guilt. i make sure to thank the animal's spirit before i consume it now. i owe this newfound understanding largely to the movie avatar.

im not sure how i feel about all the crazy pizzas like cheesesteak pie and ham,salami provolone pizza.

fresh basil, good mozz and tomatoes make the best. like the margherita pie alreay stated.

i guess im saying i feel the opposite of what this thread is about. if its a good pie, you dont need extra toppings.

shit is the term.

New York has the best pizza.

Sorry, but...

You are out of your mind batshit crazy.

New York has the most uninspired, boring and predictable za on the planet. I can enjoy a NY slice from time to time but there is nothing to it. White flour, tomato sauce and mozzarella. The majority of the places here (we are talking thousands) all make it exactly alike.

I only eat slices here when I'm either in a big hurry or if I'm poor. Even then I still can't really justify paying more than $1.50 for a slice.

FYI, Chicago.

Get yourself a slice of cheese there and come back to me.

Obviously, Chicago deep dish is amazing, but at most places, even the thin crust is off the chain. The secret... Motherfuckers in Chicago use herbs to make it taste different from the box you get it in.

On a related note, I try not to order Papa Johns too often (although I always choose it over ordering a whole NY pizza, any day) but I have discovered the best way to order from them...

Wait for it...

... Sausage pineapple.

:facepalm:

What the fuck do you know about pizza? Go eat a fuckin pasty.

shit is the term.

New York has the best pizza.

Sorry, but...

You are out of your mind batshit crazy.

New York has the most uninspired, boring and predictable za on the planet. I can enjoy a NY slice from time to time but there is nothing to it. White flour, tomato sauce and mozzarella. The majority of the places here (we are talking thousands) all make it exactly alike.

I only eat slices here when I'm either in a big hurry or if I'm poor. Even then I still can't really justify paying more than $1.50 for a slice.

FYI, Chicago.

Get yourself a slice of cheese there and come back to me.

Obviously, Chicago deep dish is amazing, but at most places, even the thin crust is off the chain. The secret... Motherfuckers in Chicago use herbs to make it taste different from the box you get it in.

On a related note, I try not to order Papa Johns too often (although I always choose it over ordering a whole NY pizza, any day) but I have discovered the best way to order from them...

Wait for it...

... Sausage pineapple.

:facepalm:

What the fuck do you know about pizza? Go eat a fuckin pasty.

lol

I used to live in NYC, before I became the official rephlex press agent.

This thread is epic and I don't have time to read it, but I'd like to take the controversial stance that while Deep Dish is quite good, Deep Dish is not really pizza.

I'd also like to take the position that NY pizzas are tasty and all, but they're really just bastardizations of Neapolitan pizza, which is much better (if you think NY pizza crust is boring, try some delicious, moderately thin, wood fired, Neapolitan-style crust.)

Basically, wood makes everything better.

And although the Neapolitans are pretty minimal on toppings and stylistically conservative, I'm not opposed to different toppings-- but subtle is better (ie, some nice artisan/faggy savory sausage rather than some greezy, heavily spiced and processed pepperoni).

Fuck, I'm a hipster.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

pizza related: i only recently worked out to fold those large slices to avoid burning your mouthtop on melted cheese. took me a few years but i got it now. i like when the cheese grease runs over my hands as i eat

it's closer to a casserole than it is to traditional Neapolitan pizza innit.

edit: not to say it isn't delicious.

Fred, you weren't referring to that white clam apizza/a-beetz stuff up there, were you?

I'm sure it's delicious but the name and idea sounds kinda: no. I should not be a pussy, though, and try it next time I have to go back to Hard Hittin' New Britain, Connecticut?

i've been to a rock cats game in new britain, lol. got really drunk, and won a free pair of Stanley yardwork gloves. no i wasnt necessarily referring to white clam pizza though the critics seem to rave on and on about it. the amount of world class pizza available per capita in new haven is astounding.

Guest abusivegeorge

So guys that pizza that Viscosity posted, is that potato? Coz mother fuck if that's potatoe I got to get me one of those, I have NEVER experienced pizza as a potato.

Why do I accidentally put an "e" on the end of potato sometimes?

Archived