IGNORED

LOST - Season 6

Rubin Farr

Guest Funktion

this episode is the climax of the product of the writers painting themselves into a corner for the past couple of years and having no coherent way of working their way out of it

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

on a positive note. i like the idea that jacob was basically brought to the island the same as everyone else. same as the witch maybe. he wasn't special. he has no answers. he was pretty retarded actually. he just liked living in the statue foot. maybe the responsibility has been past for many centuries (kinda like pushing the button in the hatch )

the light just made me lose any hope i had for this show saving itself

Guest Enter a new display name

The fact that their "unnamed mother" destroyed a whole village and killed those people on her own should prove she can turn into a smoke monster as well or what? I didn't really get that part...

All I see in this thread since yesterday night are confused users who got lost in the writers' nonsensical rush to answer several questions simultaneously within a single episode.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

The fact that their "unnamed mother" destroyed a whole village and killed those people on her own should prove she can turn into a smoke monster as well or what? I didn't really get that part...

she was some sort of witch i thought

so the dead people are the smoke monster.... but.... theres still dead people before the smoke monster?

some dead people are the monster, some other dead people are not, like the ones hurley sees, MiB seems to have 'powers' too.

another thing that popped my mind is that jacob himself has left the island so wtf?

it would've been a lot better (as the tv show expert that i am hah) if last night's episode covered a couple hundred or thousand years in the lifes of jacob and smoke thing. the actual story that was told could've been done in one scene imo.

Guest the anonymous forumite

It seems to me that the light is a solid reason / explanation as for why someone has to protect it. Because the light is not just light, it's a beautiful metaphor for God, which is within all of us, and it's so beautiful and so warm. I knew from the beginning that the whole island and reasons and purpose was a metaphor. And you don't want to fuck with God, do you.

Yeah, you can kill me now.

I wonder what woulda happened if you threw a boar down there. Smoke monster boar? :emotawesomepm9:

i was thinkin the same shit. just throw in a bunch of random ass things and wait to see what comes out.

45 minutes of this would have been 1000x better than this episode. jesus christ.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

its a pretty weird relationship when most of the people that watch Lost now hate the show way fucking more than people who don't because they think its stupid

Guest Bramsworth

"Seconds later however, something else happens that mother was definitely not counting on: the birth of Jacob's nameless brother, the baby in black. "

lol I don't recall it having black clothes when it was fresh out of the vag. Does anyone else? :emotawesomepm9:

I laughed while watching the show thinking that you could consider him Kid in Black in his adolescence.

i will admit that this:

http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2010/05/things-i-noticed-across-sea-by-vozzek69.html#more

has made me think the episode was slightly better than i originally thought

It has for me too, thanks for the link!

still too many damn unanswered questions...

but this episode definitely didn't ruin the show for me....

the show is about mystery...

and life...

and I have no fucking clue what is really going in my life, so I can identify with the show....

Guest Bramsworth

Man in Black was more assertive. He was more of a man. A man in black one might say....

Jacob was just a class-A man child.

Guest Bramsworth

MiB still was more tougher than Jacob IMO.

They should made him a black guy that paints his nails black and wears all black, with black here. Then instead of Man in Black it woulda been That Black Dude.

Archived