IGNORED

Electronic Cigarettes

OneToThirtySix

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so essentially i have to quit smoking so i can inhale some steam

as opposed to carrying on destroying your lungs, yeah.

faggot

• 5 months later...

I don't think I want an e-cigarette, they seem a bit silly to be honest. I just want to quit smoking, and am tempted by an inhalator. Does anyone have any experience of them? It seems quite a long method to me, I just want a quick fix.

i've tried the nicotinel inhilator. it works well to take away cravings and gives you something to put in your mouth with an instant nicotine hit.

i didn't fancy patches cos i wanted to exercise willpower as much as possible, so the inhilator is ideal in times of weakness.

i haven't been smoking regularly/every day for about 9/10 weeks but i haven't stopped properly by any means... i'm now going all week without smoking and hardly using the inhilator at all, then at weekends when i crave the most(summer sun in beer gardens!), i use the inhilator but still succumb to the occasional smoke (maybe a 10 pack over the weekend).

Guest mafted

do they have a camel light flavor?

ive been smoking those for a while, but if there is a bali shag or lucky strike, might be interested

Bali Shag is great! they use tobacco from around here.. some of the smoothest stuff - plus they don't have nearly as many carcinogens as cigarettes.. but this electronic stuff sounds like the way to go.

Guest Sprigg

I quit the pipe, cigs, cigars, weed... everything about three months ago... but daammnn I've wanted to try these for a while.

Guest hahathhat

i don't understand, how does switching to this qualify as "quitting"? it is just replacing it with something similar

Guest fiznuthian

lol

fungi helped me quit my habit altogether too, for what its worth..

can't even fathom ever smoking one again now, but god damn has it been a struggle..

spent an entire year trying to quit and either a) buying more or b) becoming that guy who bums cigarettes because hes still addicted but "quit"

i hate being that person. :( but just wanting one more, thats all.. yeah, one more alright.

they won't mind if i just bum.... one more.

glad to see theres products trying to deliver nicotine in a way thats not so destructive to the body.

still a piece of shit drug though, absolutely useless.

out of curiosity why did most of you start smoking?

working a low level job did it for me, got sucked into the social smoker sessions

and felt like it was necessary to just "chill out" for a minute.. puff a cigarette.

fuck that.. i'll have some reishi tea instead.

Guest fiznuthian

i thought the badass aspect of smoking came from the idea that you're slowly killing yourself.

that was one of the motivating factors when I was 19 but now I just want to to quit but I cant, went 2 months and then got back on the train after trying to quit 20+ times. Its a huge pacifier for me in any situation (happiness, depression, anger, relaxation)

A huge part of me doesn't give a fuck but its wasting money I could spend on the musics

i don't mean to try and bring you down or anything,

just your comment about nicotine being a pacifier struck me a bit.

i used to think that too, but in retrospect finally shaking the addiction

made me realize it never pacified anything at all. in fact, the nicotine withdrawals

just did nothing but create stress out of anything at all, could be dropping a pen on the floor and i'd flip

out about my life and how hard everything is..

and it never relaxed me, it just temporarily put withdraws, nervous tension, and cravings at bay..

it's as if the cigs put your body and mind into a chaotic state just so when you smoke one your low becomes a high

and yep, that there is what we call being "relaxed".. :rolleyes:

damn, im being condescending, i'm sorry. what i'm really trying to suggest here

is that maintaining the idea that cigarettes help you in any way or somehow

relieve you from your chaotic life is a dangerous thing to believe in.

cigarettes help you get relief from your cigarette cravings,

thats the body saying GIVE ME MORE, AH, I HAVE ENOUGH IM GREAT NOW, then shortly followed by I NEED MORE.

maybe its the mentality that it still benefits you that is keeping you from following through in giving it up?

i don't understand, how does switching to this qualify as "quitting"? it is just replacing it with something similar

this is why i was thinking of it as a very advanced transitional tool (far better then 'the patch'). hopefully the gaining popularity and acceptance

of electronic cigarettes will aid people in at least approaching the issue of quitting entirely and will ultimately save lives.

(also the secondhand smoke issue is eliminated)

Guest hahathhat

i've found cigarettes a satisfying perk-up break when i'm working and don't want to deflate my mind with weed

it's also cool to have one when i'm real drunk

i smoke maybe a pack every 2-3 months

feel absolutely no addictive pull

is that weird? or do i just need to smoke 3 a day for months for it to kick in?

Guest hahathhat

so, yeah.

i've been drinking a bit and this thread got me thinking about smoking a cig. i'm on the third floor of a hotel somewhere in israel and there are no smoking signs by the WELCOME TO FLOOR 3 thing. i can't read the sdjlkfsdhlkjf hebrew and i'm not sure if there's no smoking on the whole floor or just in the hallways and elevators. there is an ashtray in my room, compounding my confusion. but, there also a smoke detector i really didn't feel like setting off. so i opened the window and leaned out to smoke it. i'm not going but 30 seconds when some car blasts by on the street below, DUNT DUNT DUNT techno noise. i smile. then i see a cop car coming down after them. they get pulled over. fifteen seconds later, a second cop car is hurtling down towards the situation. hurrr, someone is in trouble!! another 30 seconds, a dominos pizza motorcycle hurtles down the street. sees the cop cars. turns the fuck around.

thank you cigarettes, i would have missed that entire amusing tableau if not for you.

this post might cause watmm nicotine relapse?

• 1 year later...
Guest viscosity

sorry to bump. so what's the consensus on the best US brand? i wanna give this a go. been packin my own for a while using this

untitled__47115_zoom.jpg

wanna try vapor though.

sorry to bump. so what's the consensus on the best US brand? i wanna give this a go. been packin my own for a while using this

untitled__47115_zoom.jpg

wanna try vapor though.

bugler is super shitty tobacco, but that machine might be good for other stuff like american spirit.

Patches work, but only for the physical cravings. It takes a few weeks of misery to start getting over the actual habit. I'm afraid of replacing one habit with another. This is why the e-cig doesn't appeal to me.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I got given one for free, it's sort of okay but I don't really smoke so I wasn't considering using it anyway. A friend tried to quit with a sort of similar thing except his looked like a weird tampon applicator, and I think he just sucked on it the whole time and then went back to cigarettes 'only when drinking' which meant he now drinks every day and smokes too.

So, I started using an e-cig about . . . three months ago now? I think it's like most "quitting" things and you have to be really up front with yourself about what you want it to do. Is it going to be a "transitional thing"? A "replacement?"

I started using them because I was sick of not being able to smell, started exercising and wanted to stop putting crap in my lungs/body, and it costs way less than cigarettes. That being said, I think that I've been successful with it because I totally went into it with the attitude that I wasn't using it to "quit" or "transition" (though, it will help with that later on if I decide to) but rather to give my body the thing I'm already addicted to (nicotine) and maintain a habit I'm addicted to (oral fixation). I have a friend who started using these and, like the above, "only smoked cigarettes when drinking" but just ended up drinking all the time and smoking.

It has been interesting - had about a week of withdrawal from the addiction to the chemicals in cigarettes. Have smoked 2 cigarettes since starting the e-cig route - both times felt like I was going to vomit and it was totally gross. Ultimately - I'm paying less for my addiction, putting less crap in my lungs/body, and for right now, that's good enough for me.

I used an e-cig to quit smoking.

One thing I didn't see mentioned is you can choose the strength of the nicotine (for better or worse), so you can technically make these things hit way harder then regular cigs.

Also, I was in love with the cherry coke e-juice. Blueberry cheesecake ain't too bad either.

Archived