IGNORED

you know how people say "if x i hate you" or whatever

Guest tht tne

lol

do you actually believe in that crap?

mature way of thinking? wasn't it already scientifically proven that during puberty the brain outgrows this black-white thinking you display into a more mature way of thinking (call it rational if you want) where there are actually "grays", so to speak?

get_a_brain_morans.jpg

don't have fun at my expense

someone i've known for 10 years suddenly revealed that he is fully behind the bnp and has been voting for them for the last 5 years. his parents are italian immigrants. i won't be calling him any time soon.

^^

was just about to reply something similar, though im guessing there would be a personality class sometime before then.

this guy had never alluded to his racism before this night when he started bad mouthing refugees, immigrants taking our jobs and all that bullshit... he said alot of stupid things to my mate and his chinese gf until he was thrown out of the restaurant we were in.

he couldn't grasp that he wouldn't even be here with a bnp government.

very stoopid indeed...

as is hating someone due to music taste. juvenile, narrow-minded, foolish.

general narrow-mindedness, lack of humility, racism & homophobia tend to put me off a person.

I would never do some stupid shit like this to one of my friends. Only exceptions would be totally unacceptable things such as thievery (more specifically, stealing from people as opposed to businesses).

That being said I tend not to hang around with people who have shitty tastes. It's not that I would abandon a friendship over a lack of common interests but I would find it hard to initially get along with someone who listents to Kanye West or someshit.

As it is now, I don't have alot of friends. Everyone has shitty tastes. Still not going to start listening to R&B to fit in.

It's not that I would abandon a friendship over a lack of common interests but I would find it hard to initially get along with someone who listents to Kanye West or someshit.

it's hard to even develop a friendship when you don't have anything in common; i usually don't try with those people

we can be cordial to one another but we're never gonna be best buddies because we won't want to do the same stuff

and i'm open to trying new things but not if experience and reason tell me that it's not even worth the time or trouble

Guest Masonic Boom

It's not that I would abandon a friendship over a lack of common interests but I would find it hard to initially get along with someone who listents to Kanye West or someshit.

it's hard to even develop a friendship when you don't have anything in common; i usually don't try with those people

we can be cordial to one another but we're never gonna be best buddies because we won't want to do the same stuff

and i'm open to trying new things but not if experience and reason tell me that it's not even worth the time or trouble

It is possible to have things in common with people other than music.

If you're writing someone off, off the bat based on musical taste, saying it's "not even worth the time or trouble" it doesn't sound to me like *they're* the one with the closed mind.

If you're writing someone off, off the bat based on musical taste, saying it's "not even worth the time or trouble" it doesn't sound to me like *they're* the one with the closed mind.

do you not think i know that? i didn't say "only lacking musical taste in common..." i was making a broader statement

i don't hate, but I don't associate myself with the extreme right wingers that believe in homophobia, racism, and other hate based philosophies.

:cisfor:

I once turned down a hot girl because she was racist.

On a similar note, things didn't work out between me and an uber hot girl, mostly because we lived in two different parts of the country. It was really hard but she was a tad racist so I have used that as a way to justify to myself why it wouldn't work. She was hot though, no doubt. :sad:

do you not think i know that? i didn't say "only lacking musical taste in common..." i was making a broader statement

Yeah, I was just generalizing also. My problem is that I have a really eccentric taste in art, and so generally I like movies, shows, music etc that most other people don't like. I don't have a ton of hobbies and I don't play sports so that's out. I don't like to watch sports either (find it to be dull and repetitive). Can't really think of many other interests I might share with people. My comedic style tends to please most people though so it's not as though I don't get along with most people. On the contrary, most people who meet me irl think I'm a pretty funny guy.

I guess the one other thing I like that could easily allow me to relate with other people is my interest in philosophical discussion. Again, alot of people are just too dull or lazy or whatever the reason could be that would cause them to be so disinterested in grand concepts like the nature of reality and experience.

To add to this, I do find that being a bit of a minority in this sense allows me to click really well with other people who share my interests, and I'd rather be welcomed in a minority than in a majority. I always go against the grain, not intentionally but I just find myself doing it in almost every case where it applies.

Guest Masonic Boom

Apologies if I ruffled any feathers the wrong way. It was as much a warning/reminder to myself as anything else.

One can indie snob oneself into a corner where nothing and NO ONE will do.

One can get so used to being the outsider in any given context that one finds it impossible to integrate oneself with a group even when one will have you.

One can ALWAYS - no matter how old you get - find oneself surprised by something worth knowing in a person that one dismisses as not worth your time.

One can be disillusioned by finding persons with which you have every (superficial) apparent taste thing in common with, and yet you like those same things for very different reasons and find out you have *nothing* in common.

It is a difficult thing, not to conflate the ideas of "I am different from..." and "I am better than..." both in other people's impressions of you and your impressions of them.

Friends are such a rare thing indeed. It's such a strange intersection of "people you will accept" and "people that will accept you."

And the older you get, as people get more and more absorbed with their own established patterns, the more you find it really is a question of *making* friends - of making connections, forcing yourself to *make* rather than find things in common.

Apologies if I ruffled any feathers the wrong way. It was as much a warning/reminder to myself as anything else.

One can indie snob oneself into a corner where nothing and NO ONE will do.

One can get so used to being the outsider in any given context that one finds it impossible to integrate oneself with a group even when one will have you.

One can ALWAYS - no matter how old you get - find oneself surprised by something worth knowing in a person that one dismisses as not worth your time.

One can be disillusioned by finding persons with which you have every (superficial) apparent taste thing in common with, and yet you like those same things for very different reasons and find out you have *nothing* in common.

It is a difficult thing, not to conflate the ideas of "I am different from..." and "I am better than..." both in other people's impressions of you and your impressions of them.

Friends are such a rare thing indeed. It's such a strange intersection of "people you will accept" and "people that will accept you."

And the older you get, as people get more and more absorbed with their own established patterns, the more you find it really is a question of *making* friends - of making connections, forcing yourself to *make* rather than find things in common.

That's actually really insightful. I hadn't really thought of it that way, and although I adopt that view at school and work, I don't tend to let it carry over to my social life. Probably wouldn't hurt to try and bend my thinking in that direction a little bit.

That being said, I don't like having tons of friends, because you have to keep your relationships which means putting time aside for everyone. If I wasn't so busy with shit I'd have no problem with that but I have trouble finding time for the moderately small handful of friends I do keep.

Archived