IGNORED

ae songs with similar tones/vibes etc.

splesh

Is it just me or do IO and IO (mons) sound a bit like slowed down versions of Dial from Gantz Graf in some places? :unsure:

And can't remember which songs but there's a bit of Quaristice which sounds like parts of Draft 7.30.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thehauntingsoul has got some serious competition here.

Coincidentally, our hometowns are bitter hockey rivals. :emotawesomepm9:

:facepalm:

thehauntingsoul has got some serious competition here.

lol get back to me after he's written at the very least 10 pages of Ae analysis.

I'm actually more impressed by vproc, he's summed up in a couple of sentences what would take you a few pages!

in particular, I think one of the versions of Tankakern sounds like Surripere or Tapr. Again, this is only in places.

Any other similarities people note?

wow: 'Yulquen' & 'Pule' are alot alike, and both very boring lol

lol

on a side note '444' sounds like Autechre covering Aphex Twins 'Heliosphan'

LOL

You guys probably already noticed this but at the end of The Trees you can clearly hear the melody from The PLC a few times.

hmm will check this and the lentic catachresis similarities out soon..

Guest bardamu

I think the beginning of Iera and the second half of LCC have really similar chord changes. Don't know how to describe it any more technically though...

Guest wolfslice

zeiss contarex and sim gishel have a similar DNA i've always felt. They're also two of my favorite ae tunes because of the "dark" vibes.

As I've said in my Quaristice thread I reckon Zeiss Contrarex and WNSN are really similar and bother freakin awesome. I don't usually got for the really dark tracks, but these ones I love. They both sound really metallic and have simple, slow beats. They both sound kind of cheesy dark, but in way that is acutally haunting... kind of like movies like Heavenly Creatures... everyone acts like a cartoon character but that ends up making the darker elements of it seem even more disturbing.

That's what these two songs sound like to me. They're kinda goofy but terrifying at the same time, it's an awesome vibe.

And Yulquen and Pule are both awesome! Especially Yulquen but Pule is great too.

what !

yulquen is amazing! one of my favourite autechre tracks, in fact.

And I'm inclined to say the same about Pule! One of my favourite Ae tracks, I think it's a really underrated piece of work. It's a very long, non-repetitive melody which brings me into a world of atmosphere and depth which I attempted to describe during Chiastic Slide week. It's seriously beautiful once you get into it.

Guest Enter a new display name

The beats from Nuane and Pen Expers are quite similar (except the patterns are more complex in Pen Expers).

what !

yulquen is amazing! one of my favourite autechre tracks, in fact.

And I'm inclined to say the same about Pule! One of my favourite Ae tracks, I think it's a really underrated piece of work. It's a very long, non-repetitive melody which brings me into a world of atmosphere and depth which I attempted to describe during Chiastic Slide week. It's seriously beautiful once you get into it.

orly? it's just in a strange time. it's clearly repetitive though.

Archived