IGNORED

235 songs, 17.2 hours, 1.86 GB of Quality WATMM Member Music

superstix

woo pselodux!

i also have a post-rock project: http://rooftopaccess.bandcamp.com/

and also an idm project (now assimilated by the pselodux project):

Modex - Music For Triangles And/Or Numbers

Modex - Three Days

actually i just found my original wav files for both of those releases, i might chuck them on the pselodux bandcamp site at some point.

This thread inspired me to go through my old collection of mp3's (all between 2001 and 2003). Some of the stuff coming out of this forum was amongst the best electronic music I've ever heard. There's still A LOT of stuff coming out now is great too, occasionally a real gem comes through (anything by Modey, anything by Cubus, that dreams album that Encey did) but on the whole I kinda miss the good ol' days.

I think there was a lot more creativity in electronic music before it got faddy. Now everyone has to hop on the dubstep or acid bandwagon, and everyone has to have that "I'm a big strong man who likes to rape women and children and kill things" (a trend I think that started with Venetian Snares).

Sorry if this comes off a bit negative but I would really like to encourage people to steer clear of these overused cliche's.

I think I'm gonna make some compilations of the old stuff, since most of it will be impossible to find now... I think more people need to be exposed to Geography Horse and Jinci.

We need to work on getting EKT to be a prominent part of the site, and I think a music player or playlist of some sort of WATMM music is an excellent idea...

this is an awesome idea.. everyone should contribute a few tracks or something like that.. i like the idea of sort of an ekt radio that plays everyones tracks randomly

Micromusic.net has been doing it for years. People submit tracks, the mods approve like 10 or so every month, and they become available to download / are added to the random microradio rotation. The radio is a flash player. Not sure if that would be the best option but it works pretty well. Have someone develop an iPhone app too. Charge for it to fund the server space or whatever.

We need to work on getting EKT to be a prominent part of the site, and I think a music player or playlist of some sort of WATMM music is an excellent idea...

Hey, I remember this idea from 3 years ago!

Archived