IGNORED

Fallout - New Vegas

Muflontillah

So, I just can't understand Caravan. I read the rules, didn't make any more sense. Started the game to see if playing it would make more sense but nope... Surely it would have made more sense to have a tutorial game of caravan. Is it simple and I'm just not getting it? I felt like a right craig anderson staring at the cards thinking "WHAT!?"

It's no triple triad, that's for sure.

go to the crimson caravan company and some guy will run up to you and explain how to play the game.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just beat the game after spending 55 hours playing it (game time) but probably a lot more from resaving and reloading and stuff

there's basically

3 endings - good, bad, neutral. i decided to kill mr. house and use yes man and got the neutral ending, it was kind of unsatisfying

also i was expecting some kind of mission or interaction with mr. new vegas (wayne newton) instead of just listening to him on the radio. that was a huge oversight

Guest futuregirlfriend

Yeah, I saw the word station on a building in the strip and ran in only to be disappointed.

About 50 hours in now and I'm putting the main quest off until I've managed to completely wring the game out. Just found the H&H Tool Factory and read all the notes and emails on the computers. Love that stuff.

just had the funniest random encounter with the 'wild wasteland' perk:

What Is It, Boy?

Occurrence: Speak to Rex while you're out in the Mojave Wasteland. At some point, Rex will answer with an "aroo!" You then divine that Little Jimmy may have fallen into a well, the location of which is unlocked on your Pip-Boy's world map (northeast of New Vegas, right outside the wall).

A reference to the 1954 Lassie TV series, where "Timmy fell into a well" was a staple of the show, as well as a homage to the Fallout 2 quest where the Chosen One helps look for Jonny with the help of Laddie the dog.

Guest futuregirlfriend

Anyone playing/played it as a bad character? I completed it as a mostly good guy last night and I'm about to start a new game as someone completely different.

Guest Jackson Michaels

Massive spoiler below. Read only if you finished the game:

I was really disappointed with the length of the main quest. I went to Hoover Dam and then it just.. ended? I just didn't see it coming, and they won't let you continue exploring afterwards??! WTF?

Let's be honest here guys, the main quest is laughable. I had 18 hours of gameplay in total on hardcore, level 14. Of those 18 hours I probably spent 5-7 hours on the main quest. That's just not good enough in my opinion.

For those saying I should explore more before I did main quest: Well I did explore at least 10-13 hours, but I got bored because there was no real story or substance. Sadly the main quest had no substance either.

This game disappointed me. As a matter of fact I think I'll go play Fallout 2 now.

it has the same faults of fallout 3 imo, but there is just much more stuff going on and the quests are more interesting in general

the main fault imo is the forced reliance on fast travel, this game is supposed to be interesting to explore, and this one is more interesting than F3 but still not enough to not use fast travel at all. there are quests that require you to go to one place and back 2-3 times, and in a world that static why would anyone repeat the same path numerous times, and yet on the other hand fast travel kills the immersion. some dialogue only quests lose their punch because you finish them in a couple of minutes. they should have introduced vehicles or if possible stuff like raiding parties, perpetual faction wars, roaming herds of mutated animals...F4 i guess.

I'm still trying to decide whether to get it or not. Just getting into the multiplayer on MOH. The thing that fucked me off about the first one was what happened at the end. I was expecting a vast, explorable game to carry on with at my pleasure.

But at the end it finished and that was it. Back to the vault for you if you want to carry on playing. Because it autosaves when you have no chane of getting out, you can't explore what you have missed. That really fucked me off. It seems like they meant it to be like that.

Anyone else experiance that??? Does it happen on this one too???

I'm still trying to decide whether to get it or not. Just getting into the multiplayer on MOH. The thing that fucked me off about the first one was what happened at the end. I was expecting a vast, explorable game to carry on with at my pleasure.

But at the end it finished and that was it. Back to the vault for you if you want to carry on playing. Because it autosaves when you have no chane of getting out, you can't explore what you have missed. That really fucked me off. It seems like they meant it to be like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_Steel#Broken_Steel

Well, I was playing this for a few days but I stopped.

It's basically identical to F3 but with a different scenario and a couple of added features, which I know isn't a bad thing, why fix what ain't broken etc. The thing is I put some serious hours into Fallout 3 and just feel completely burned out on it.

Never mind.

Guest futuregirlfriend

it has the same faults of fallout 3 imo, but there is just much more stuff going on and the quests are more interesting in generalthe main fault imo is the forced reliance on fast travel, this game is supposed to be interesting to explore, and this one is more interesting than F3 but still not enough to not use fast travel at all. there are quests that require you to go to one place and back 2-3 times, and in a world that static why would anyone repeat the same path numerous times, and yet on the other hand fast travel kills the immersion. some dialogue only quests lose their punch because you finish them in a couple of minutes. they should have introduced vehicles or if possible stuff like raiding parties, perpetual faction wars, roaming herds of mutated animals...F4 i guess.

word. an improvement in some ways but still very flawed. i did enjoy the game but didn't get lost in it to the extent that the monitor disappeared and i'm in that world. and perhaps, if there is another fallout game, it'll have a nice new id engine.

has anyone played wasteland? i've been meaning to for years.

wl5.jpg

think i'll give it a shot then get GOG's fallout 1+2 for a replay.

Guest hahathhat

i got this game. general opinion is still in the making, but i can say this: jesus christ bethesda! fix your fucking bugs or no more buying your $60 games.

Guest futuregirlfriend

Haven't tried it yet, but I heard this was worth getting

This mod adds a new radio station to your Pip-Boy 3000.

Hosted by Katrina, the station plays 55 music tracks from the era of the

Atomic Threat, including 29 authentic public service announcements from

Civil Defense Washington.

CONELRAD (Control of Electromagnetic [or Electronic] Radiation) was a method

of emergency broadcasting to the public of the United States in the event of

enemy attack. It was intended to serve two purposes; to prevent Soviet

bombers from homing in on American cities by using radio or TV stations as

beacons, and to provide essential civil defense information on 640-1240.

2 hours, 20 minutes of Music across 55 tracks

22 minutes of PSAs & Civil Defense

Custom station host dialogue.

The station is fully scripted as per official stations.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35061

Meh, I hate the PS3 port. Stutters every few minutes, disappearing bodies, buggy LOD, loads of physics glitches and one crash after a couple of hours of playing. I can't remember Fallout 3 on my 360 being this buggy.

Apart from that, yeah it's Fallout 3 with new quests. I've played Fallout 3 a bit too much, so I'm not sure I'll ever get to finishing this. Hardcore mode is disappointing too, nothing hardcore about it.

Guest HerculesCzar

Meh, I hate the PS3 port. Stutters every few minutes, disappearing bodies, buggy LOD, loads of physics glitches and one crash after a couple of hours of playing. I can't remember Fallout 3 on my 360 being this buggy.

I've been playing this on my ps3 and I've got no complaints. I think it's crashed once, but I definitely remember Fallout 3 crashing several times on my 360. I've heard a lot of people complain about visual glitches, but haven't come across any. Just got lucky, I guess.

I've been playing this on my ps3 and I've got no complaints. I think it's crashed once, but I definitely remember Fallout 3 crashing several times on my 360. I've heard a lot of people complain about visual glitches, but haven't come across any. Just got lucky, I guess.

Yeah, I've had no problems with it on my PS3 yet.

Archived