IGNORED

Collected Ambient Works

Dragon

So earlier today I found a CD-R with this EP burned onto it. I thought I lost it over a year ago when I deleted it from both my computer and my MP3 player, but apparently I backed it up as well, so that's alright.

From what I remember, this was put together by some WATMMers some time ago as a loose parody of SAWII. After a good hard search, I couldn't find the thread I downloaded the tracks from, but I found a related thread in which the "CAW" meme was triggered by some n00b referring to SAWII as "Collected Ambient Works": http://forum.watmm.com/topic/35564-moar-n00bz/

I think the tracks were uploaded as WATMM post file attachments which no longer seem to exist. So, here they are on Megaupload so we can enjoy them all over again. According to the ID3 tags, they were all created by "Aphex Twin" but I seem to have added comments with the names of the actual WATMM members who created them.

caw.jpg

1. Vapour Distilled

Created by boris

2. Lonesome Twin

Created by Barricade

3. Zors8.b

Created by MetalLizard

4. Cyanocobalamin

Created by boris

When I downloaded these, I also added a fifth "bonus track" which wasn't created by WATMMers, but was posted in the same thread. It's the famous April Fools joke created by Chris Miller, creator of aphexstart.org, as a fake track from the non-existent SAWIII.

5. Zepherine

I'd appreciate some more info on this, it would be great if someone could dig up the original thread (though I doubt it has the original attachments). Anyway, I'm glad I found this, especially for the track "Lonesome Twin" which I think is beautiful even though it's meant to be a parody track! I hope you all like this EP as much as I do, but remember, it's not meant to be taken seriously.

Also, could someone recommend something better than Megaupload? These tracks took fucking ages to upload. Thanks.

I remember the CAW thread :lol: .

Anyway you should zip all the tracks and reupload them. Megaupload's fine, I usually use archive.org too.

Guest Barricade

haha yeah CAW is a meme never mentioned but it was for a short period i think... and thanks for thinking my track is beautiful. It was a track that I've made years ago and uploaded it for the CAW, so it was never meant to be a parody to begin with. But thanks for uploading, I don't have the track anymore since my old computer crashed!

Guest Calx Sherbet

Here's a ZIP of the 5 tracks, plus the album cover:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KYP7MU05

Mediafire, eh? Do you need an account to use it?

yes, but no CAPTCHAs are needed to DL. but that's only a slight inconvenience. megaupload is fine too

the "CAW" meme was triggered by some n00b referring to SAWII as "Collected Ambient Works": http://forum.watmm.com/topic/35564-moar-n00bz/

LOL, oh my god. it was me.

edit: oh wait no, i read it somewhere lol

Archived