IGNORED

really good trance/techno?

lala

heard faithless for the first time the other day - and some of the origins of trance music, some of the big guns were brilliant (and probably still are, but i have avoided them because of the mountains of cheese surrounding the trance/progressive scene). loved it.

can anyone recommend some really good quality trance. not any psychedelic stuff like infected mushroom et al, but really bloody deep.

new or old, acid or non acid, but has to be deep as an abyss.

i also love the luke chable remix of you are sleeping. brilliant tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HyS80Uf9a8

yeah, its that brilliant isnt it.

if you dont know faithless - check what my girlfriend dropped on me on my birthday last weekend during a bit of a session:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NXgqFbfrd8

her best mate june done me with that luke chable song.. i was pretty blown away as you can imagine

Guest assegai

UNDERWORLD

orbital

prodigy

sasha

as to what closely resembles FAITHLESS I'm thinking maybe..

Juno Reactor

[youtubehd]ZRrH-Om30to[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]n01oW4bMA4E[/youtubehd]

or

FLUKE

[youtubehd]cv46NB_7QdY[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]jlzI3_QADWc[/youtubehd]

for me prog trance never got better than sasha's san franciso and ibiza global underground mixes other than that sasha's millenium eve gatecrasher mix on BBC radio1's essential selection was the best he ever did, you can download all of pete tongs BBC shows somwhere

the early platipus comps are a good place to start although somewhat dated now and BT is the cream of the crop as far as artists go, check IMA andESCM

[youtubehd]k00Zrc2iXUM[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]KvtaPJYQ7iM[/youtubehd]

I used to have hundreds of trance CDs back in the late 90s. Astral Projection is definitely one of the best. Do yourself a favor and get a higher quality source than YouTube. The crappy compression really destroys the dynamics.

I can dig me some trance. How did you not know faithless btw? Was quite high on the charts during the 90s.

because i was 10, had an electric guitar and a love for thrashy metal. i did like jean michelle jarre when i was younger than that, so i could have like it but was into noise :whistling:

when i was 14 in 94 i found dj hype - ruffstuff vol.4 hardcore/jungle tape and never looked back :

the deepest music ive ever heard has been acid trance at london squats...

edit* loads to listen to, thanks

Guest Conor74

UNDERWORLD

orbital

prodigy

sasha

as to what closely resembles FAITHLESS I'm thinking maybe..

Gotta say I love Underworld and Orbital. But wasn't that a lot of techno and house really?

I like Sasha. And progressive house.

And think the Prodigy were very different and complete dirge.

And Faithless are just boring.

REally good techno? Where to start is the problem. Really good trance? Try the Art of Trance...

A relatively recent one I just remembered, probably bordering on cheese:

[youtubehd]WEW0XQc5hL4[/youtubehd]

Nice thread by the way, jogs my memory and I think I still have a soft spot for some of this stuff.

A relatively recent one I just remembered, probably bordering on cheese:

[youtubehd]WEW0XQc5hL4[/youtubehd]

Nice thread by the way, jogs my memory and I think I still have a soft spot for some of this stuff.

Landmark from that same album is better.

the bassline in this one gives me wood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FnZAgTfwQw

Archived