IGNORED

bands that are mega hyped

Alzado

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest reyde_espana

Animal Collective for sure... its seems they come up with interesting song formats but then do nothing interesting with them

who the hell cares about such things as lady gaga, kanye west and whatever pop starlet??????? over produced shit pop is all that is...

Mars Volta has cool stuff but ive never been able to get though a whole album... never seems to go anywhere...

Sigur Ros really pisses me off!!! ive never understood why people sit around and listen to it... its monotonous and boring...

Animal Collective for sure... its seems they come up with interesting song formats but then do nothing interesting with them

who the hell cares about such things as lady gaga, kanye west and whatever pop starlet??????? over produced shit pop is all that is...

Mars Volta has cool stuff but ive never been able to get though a whole album... never seems to go anywhere...

Sigur Ros really pisses me off!!! ive never understood why people sit around and listen to it... its monotonous and boring...

Ditto on Mars Volta.

But Sigur Ros pissing somebody off? That's a new one. Though you'd like this review:

http://robertchristgau.com/get_artist.php?name=Sigur+Ros

Guest dese manz hatin

I'm actually taking back my vote on Animal Collective...I made he mistake of listening to Animal Crackbox which I still think nothing of. However I got myself that MPP one and it's actually really good

I'm actually taking back my vote on Animal Collective...I made he mistake of listening to Animal Crackbox which I still think nothing of. However I got myself that MPP one and it's actually really good

I too had no time for Animal Collective until MPP. Ive since workd my way backwards through their albums and they make much more sense to me. I agree with Maximus when he says to try out Strawberry Jam next

the one that comes to mind, mainly because they have been mentioned, is grizzly bear. i have seen them maybe four times when they toured with radiohead, and i still can't get into them. there are plenty of artist who i can't get into all their work, but only a few where i can't get into any of it.

I too had no time for Animal Collective until MPP. Ive since workd my way backwards through their albums and they make much more sense to me. I agree with Maximus when he says to try out Strawberry Jam next

I tried it a few weeks ago and I'm still not ready. The Fall Be Kind EP is quite nice though.

squarepusher, cylob, luke vibert, plaid, mu-ziq.

last four shouldnt even be subforums imo

Vibert has a big enough chunk of music, Mu-ziq has some fucking grand shit too.... Plaid and Cylob I'll agree with you on the wtf for choice of subforum!

How does one not get the hype for Godspeed You! Black Emperor (they're not even that mega hyped... a lot of people don't like them for the fact that they have this "post-apocalyptic" sound)? Have you listened to Slow Riot For New Zero Kanada or Lift Yr. Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven!?

Vibert has a big enough chunk of music, Mu-ziq has some fucking grand shit too.... Plaid and Cylob I'll agree with you on the wtf for choice of subforum!

yea they make a lot of music but none of it is good imo. just emotionless laptop twiddlery

yea they make a lot of music but none of it is good imo. just emotionless laptop twiddlery

You best not be talking about Plaid that way! Nonsense!

the one that comes to mind, mainly because they have been mentioned, is grizzly bear. i have seen them maybe four times when they toured with radiohead, and i still can't get into them. there are plenty of artist who i can't get into all their work, but only a few where i can't get into any of it.

Same here with Grizzly Bear. I quite like Foreground but thats about it.

hey guys this band is shit i dont know why people like them

hey fuck you theyre wicked

etc.

hey the thread is not like that at all

hey yeah it is you moron

hey guess what, i too think animal collective is overrated

etc.

You best not be talking about Plaid that way! Nonsense!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Plaid a fair bit like Cylob... but a subforum just for them???

Well truth be told I'm not sure any artist deserves a subform more than another, based on their music alone. It all comes down to taste so their existence I guess is/should be more a reflection of which artists generate the most discussion, in which case you are right...as many of them don't generate much chatter, particularly Plaid, Cylob and µ-Ziq. The way it is it's more like paying homage to the OGs, which I consider Plaid to be.

Anyway...I was just defending Plaid as they are one of my favorites in the genre. :smile: I don't really care who has a subforum and who doesn't.

• 4 months later...
Guest cuntainer

Well that's one of the cool things about Tool. When it seems like there is nothing happening, there is usually quite a bit happening due to different time signatures and almost off beat rhythms. Playing guitar or drums along with Tool really sinks this in, as you can be playing something seemingly simple, but it makes me feel really on edge and super focused to stay within the correct pattern and rhythm, on even simple things. However, I agree, it is quite a different experience for the listener, and not always that entertaining. They do somehow manage to kick ass live save for the fact that as Maynard is aging, he's having a harder time singing in his trademark tool style, while he's quite capable of pulling of the A Perfect circle singing style quite fine. Live shows from the Undertow and Aenima era are solidified in rock history (imo) as some of the most amazing spectacles and live performances of the post thrash/post dream theater era of heavy progressive metal.

Even though it is how he prefers it, I think Tools live shows sadly started to go down hill (from a musical performance standpoint) when Maynard stopped playing to the crowd and started isolating in the back. I understand why he does it, but I don't like it :cisfor:

Also hearing Danny Carey play live is worth the price of a tool concert ticket alone.

Edit: It's also quite difficult (for me at least) to play Tool songs on guitar, and sing them at the same time. Brain/hands/mouth conflicts. Like 46 & 2 and Euology I've been playing for ages, but I still eff up when I try to sing and play at the same time.

playing the patient on guitar can do my head in, but i haven't played guitar that much for the last few years, i'm sure if i practised regularly it'd be a different story..

i've only seen them live once, early 07, and some of my friends hated maynard's stage act, but they enjoy the cock rock persona, which is something i fucking hate, the concert was the best i'd ever been to until bjork topped it a year later.

reiterating beatles, u2, muse, rem, etc.

dizzee, la roooo, lady sov, lily allen, festival music in general, there's too much to remember.

what ever the latest greatest new indie band is.

and oh yeah guns and roses and all hair metal cock rock shit, i hate it.

the field

edit: can see now I'm late for calling this. oh well.

Guest ansgaria

After having seen Prince live (read: 40 minutes of his show), I don't really see what the flying fuck people see in him. I guess it would have been a lot better if I actually knew anything other than 'Purple Rain' and 'Jerk U Off' (don't even ask why the hell I know THAT track). The band used some synths that made me cringe. Jesus fuck, they sounded horrible.

Archived