IGNORED

Parhelic Triangle

thehauntingsoul

I have no idea why I never noticed this before or if it's worthy of a thread but in Parhelic Triangle, the tempo speeds up and slows down at certain points. Sometimes its quite noticeable, other times it's a slow transition and harder to spot. Anyone else here never notice this before?

i forget who figured out the trick behind fold4wrap5 (modey?) but someone did, ages ago. basically a loop linearly decreasing in bpm to half the original. probably a layer doing the same thing here.

i forget who figured out the trick behind fold4wrap5 (modey?) but someone did, ages ago. basically a loop linearly decreasing in bpm to half the original. probably a layer doing the same thing here.

yep that was me.

and i don't hear any tempo changes in this track personally. maybe someone should analyse it? i can't be bothered, i'm too busy with actual creative musical projects lol.

This is my fav autechre track.

Sounds like to me that they recorded some sort of percussive element and they automated the start position.

yeah i'm pretty sure they actually used some real bell-like percussion for it, actually it sounds like it's probably 90% acoustic samples, just mashed beyond recognition (except the obvious synth that comes in at the end).

definitely my favourite confield track. and one of my favourites overall!

I think I can notice a tempo change around 0:55-1:05, 1:30-1:40, 2:10-2:20 (most noticeable), then slows down again at 2:25. It seems like from 2:30 onwards the track is continuously slowing down and speeding up on alternating measures. Maybe I'm crazy, someone else please confirm this. 3:30-3:35 also!!!

Hmmm I think you guys are on to something.. maybe.

Man I just suddenly remembered the first time I listened to the album... the sounds on this track are incredible... those bells are so incredibly, genuinely haunting, and that beat is like one of the most disgusting sounds I've ever heard in a song... and yet it's disgusting in a way that's really freakin cool!

don't think it's changing tempo, the percussion is just very stuttered and varied in a very usual way for sean booth. i love the triplet fills in this.

awesome song.

edit very very

Hmmm I think you guys are on to something.. maybe.

Man I just suddenly remembered the first time I listened to the album... the sounds on this track are incredible... those bells are so incredibly, genuinely haunting, and that beat is like one of the most disgusting sounds I've ever heard in a song... and yet it's disgusting in a way that's really freakin cool!

Like a really twisted Sci-Fi movie

Guest boredroom

lol everytime I see this title I reread reread as I see pathetic triangle ach well makes me chuckle. . .

Guest HWNDarkside

Still my favourite ae track - it doesn't slow down, the beats do stutter a lot though. I'll pull the vinyl out and run a mix for you if you want.

Guest HWNDarkside
Still my favourite ae track.

w00t? It wins against Pen Expers? :shuriken:

I've got Confield on my mp3player at the moment (to compliment the relative lightness of Oversteps).

I never really liked Pen Expers but maybe I was just skipping it to get to Sim Gishel & Parhelic Triange. I shall rinse it for the rest of the week and see if I change my mind

Guest theSun

pen expers was one of the very first songs that "clicked" for me and got me into ae to an unhealthy extent.

Guest Spittal

I hear a lot of Autechre tracks speed up and slow down. Most times, it's very subtle... but I swear I hear it in Surripere, V-proc, Maphive 6.1 (ending part), Pen Expers.

Tonnes of tracks, maybe it's just jitter in tape speeds, but I like to think it is intentional.

Archived