IGNORED

Madlib Medicine Show No. 3: Beat Konducta in Africa

Medicine Show #4 announced:

http://www.stonesthrow.com/store/mixtape/madlib/madlib-medicine-show-no-4

Madlib Medicine Show #4: 420 Chalice All-Stars

Mixtape Madlib Invazion MMS004

Description: 4/20 RELEASE. MORE INFO SOON.

You're tuning to your boss D.J. Madlib. Musical disc from the flick of his wrist to make you jump and twist. Madlib control the fullest. Roots. rock. reggae. Good stuff, as I would say.

420 smoke weed everyday

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I wouldn't have slept on the special edition vinyls... shit...

And now all of the MS No.5 are already sold out! Fuck.

i haven't heard any of these yet. is it dj sets or original material or both?

could the new madvillain album be released as one of these?

It varies by release. This one is a Beat Konducta, so it's Madlib beats in mixtape format, but for example, No. 4 is a DJ mix of reggae music.

Guest fingers

i think in the medicine show series the even number releases are mixes and the odd numbers are originals... i guess it's possible the next madvillain album could be one of these (i hope so)

I wish Stones Throw would hurry up and make #5 available for download.

Your wish is my command

Thank you kind sir. Downloaded and now playing.

i think in the medicine show series the even number releases are mixes and the odd numbers are originals... i guess it's possible the next madvillain album could be one of these (i hope so)

Yeah, this is right. They've all been worth getting so far, I'd say.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the bump (couldn't be arsed making a new thread), but for anyone who's interested and hasn't spotted it yet, the 10 bonus tracks from the vinyl version of Medicine Show No 5 are now up digitally on Stones Throw here. I'm grabbing me these.

Also, possibly NSFW but probably not:

Medicine Show No 6 details up. Cool cover and sounds like it's going to be amazing, been waiting for him to concentrate on something like this.

Medicine Show No 6 details up. Cool cover and sounds like it's going to be amazing, been waiting for him to concentrate on something like this.

Concur, this shit looks bananas. Loving Nos. 2, 3, and especially 4 at the moment :cisfor:

Concur, this shit looks bananas. Loving Nos. 2, 3, and especially 4 at the moment :cisfor:

Same Bob, I'm anything but a Reggae enthusiast but MMS04 is quite a blast. I think No. 3 shades it for me so far though. Cool that there's still another 7 to look forward to as well (plus anything else he might incidentally put out).

How come no one is talking about #5? That's been my favorite BY FAR.

No. 5 is excellent, listening to it through it feels like a prototype Beat Konducta. Episode XV wouldn't disgrace any of the actual BK albums.

• 1 month later...

hey I just got this today and I have a question:

are the medicine show mix albums a mix in a traditional sense? i.e. madlib is just mixing together some of his favourite tracks as opposed to ones he made himself?

The odd numbered ones are original productions, the even are "mixtapes".

Just picked up Number 6 (The Brain Wreck Show), might be the best mix yet- psych and funk rock, krautrock... all kinds of craziness going on.

And he'll do jazz again for No. 7 :yeah:

And No. 8 as well, from what I read in a ST newsletter a while back. It had 'Jazz' in the title, anyway.

Yep, I think someone on the ST message board had mentioned that 8 would be a jazz mix- should be great!

Stones Throw are a bit slow putting up the digital release this time around, although I have the rest on CD so won't hurt to wait. Just hope they make the vinyl bonus tracks available as MP3 like they did with No. 5.

HELL YEA!! prolific indeed. such passion, and i couldn't be more satisfied with his make-shift stance when it comes to cutting beats, and from every which source imaginable. it's beautiful really, what he's done for hip hop during the 21st century. i really need to catch up his beat konducta work, i'm stuck with only volumes 1-2.

Archived