IGNORED

fucking lol

Fred McGriff

I get sad when I think that there are planets just like ours except they don't have Minor Threat or Blacklisted.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We would understand things better if we tried to work them out together. We still go around solvind all the puzzles by ourselves, we'll never understand shit this way.

I just read like 5 alien novels in these past few days and its funny thinking about aliens, especially contacting with them. I mean, it would be like reviving dinosaurs, interesting for a few years, then we would grow tired of them, and no human would still be a better person because of it.

I'm a pro in spoiling threads, fuck :facepalm:

If you consider we are not alone in the universe there is lot of chances that we are not the first. Thus if life appeared on planet X a little million years ahead of earth, they are potentially one million years ahead of our technology. Unless there is no way to travel faster than light, they must be visiting us.

Most likely they are already extinct, Carl Sagan's Cosmos book talks about this stuff, there's way too many things to consider that can wipe a civilization of the planet before they develop such technology, if such scientific advances are even possible to begin with, who knows at this point.

Guest Lube Saibot

People often imagine alien visitation as a positive thing, speculating that anyone advanced enough to develop faster-that-light travel is automatically too advanced to be bellicose or expansive.

I say: look at our own history.

i think the idea that any FTL civilization is benign is that for them to have developed so far they pretty much must have "grown" past petty things such as territory and expansion. think of how many technological steps they must have gone through that could probably have wiped them all out if they had been more prone to violence. also i am sure that harnessing something like FTL technology it would have to be in a post-scarcity world.

If aliens are anything like me (I couldn't care less if there are aliens in space) then they won't bother going out to seek other places and forms of life.

I think its our civilization that wants to explore its guts out. Might even be an anomaly of earthly beings who want to keep investigating all possible forms of manipulation throughout their universes. I couldn't say I like all that really.

Fred, why do you long for a higher power -- I mean this out of curiosity rather than confrontation.

Is it bc you want to make sure there's an afterlife, or because you want understanding of the point of things? Or something else?

Do you think angels look like Jessica Alba?

Fred, why do you long for a higher power -- I mean this out of curiosity rather than confrontation.

Is it bc you want to make sure there's an afterlife, or because you want understanding of the point of things? Or something else?

Do you think angels look like Jessica Alba?

yeah i want answers and i see that as the only way of getting them. i guess if there's not afterlife then i wont care too much.

angles probably look more like cate blanchett from her lord of the rings appearance

Archived