IGNORED

Time Traveler Captured On Film in 1941

Joyrex

Guest mohamed

post-910-126936180443_thumb.jpg

o mohamed bre

safe man

«We are heading into nut country now», told John Kennedy on 22 November 1963 arriving in Dallas :orly:

:beer:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the guy in the photo was just like, a fashion pioneer - everyone used to laugh at him when he suggested "this is what everyone will be wearing in 50 years". guess he's had the last laugh.

Guest mohamed

Personally, I think the photo IS real, but is just a case of old clothes looking contemporary (or vice versa).

tru dat

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Personally, I think the photo IS real, but is just a case of old clothes looking contemporary (or vice versa).

qft

Guest Coalbucket PI

Wait, so because one guy isn't wearing a suit and hat in the 40s that makes him a time traveller or a photoshop?

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

well at first I thought he was wearing some weird portland hippie hipster hoodie, but its some type of pollover cardigan whatever the fuck. So maybe he really didnt have 1.21 jiggawiggerwatts

maybe that dude is "normal" and all those people in suits and fedora's are wondering wtf they are doing in 2010? they seem to be staring at some sort of time/space wormhole but the sweater guy knows he needs shades so his retinas dont get burned and ruin his ability to read pitchfork reviews.

sunglasses, t-shirts, cameras. all things that weren't invented yet.

Erm, sunglasses have been around long before the 40's, as were cameras. As for the tee shirt, any scoop neck pullover shirt could be considered a "tee" shirt.

Those sunglasses are typical 40's/50's ski glasses anyway. There's one pair in my grandparents attic (sides in leather and rectangular slits for the snow glare)

Yeah, I had a pair of those in the 80's (they were Vuarnet, remember those?) 'cept mine didn't have the slits.

Erm, sunglasses have been around long before the 40's, as were cameras. As for the tee shirt, any scoop neck pullover shirt could be considered a "tee" shirt.

Erm, since he listed cameras, and since this is a PHOTOGRAPH, I think uptowndevil was joking.

Erm, since he listed cameras, and since this is a PHOTOGRAPH, I think uptowndevil was joking.

Dude: This is WATMM. NEVER assume the obvious! :emotawesomepm9:

:cisfor:

Guest Coalbucket PI

the camera comment went right over my head, I was about to memorise uptowndevil to my idiot list

Guest the anonymous forumite

We need a sunglasses expert here. The dude's sunglasses are not something I would have expected from the 1940s.

He looks like a real hipster, of the soon-to-be Beat-gen sort, and was probably a pro photographer and also probably really liked heroin. The glasses are a little weird, but look more like something derived from the safety-glasses school of industrial design, and I'm pretty sure there were safety glasses like that back then.

Edit: wait, '41? That is pretty early. He was probably just a shitty dresser and a photographer, accidentally forecasting later fashion trends.

Archived