IGNORED

complete ban on smoking in cars?

keltoi

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gary C

I've recently quit. Well I still smoke a couple of cigarettes when I'm pissed and if I can talk anyone into giving me one, but I haven't bought any since New Years.

Anyway, I was never a big smoker and I do still have sporadic cravings. Like when I have 10 minutes to spare waiting for a bus or meeting someone, and there's a shop across the road. Normally I'd roll up or go buy some cigarettes.

I kind of miss that, but I've been doing well so far and I'm pretty sure I can quit for a long time.

Smoking's most certainly become a stigma in recent years. My youngest family members despise smokers; I was always undecided as my dad smoked and sometimes I didn't mind the smell.

Ban smoking in pubs; makes sense to me. I don't think I'd enjoy the pub as much if they suddenly bought it back and the place was pluming.

I'm not sure about cars. The argument that it will stop bad parents from smoking in front of their kids is very weak. There's absolutely no need to penalise everyone because some people are irresponsible idiots.

I don't think this will go through, it simply doesn't make a lot of sense... But if it does then it's only a matter of time until smoking is made impossible. It can't be banned outright because those taxes are hefty, but it might be reserved for only rich dinner parties. A cute relic of the past.

I don't really know where I stand on all this cause I smoke but it's really fucking bad for you and I kind of wish someone would force me to stop once and for all

my sentiments as well.

Guest margaret thatcher

smoking's good for the brain.

the french, a nation of philosophers, start the day with a gauloises and strong black coffee.

the brits, a nation of layabouts, start the day with porridge.

think about it (over a cigarette).

*lights up*

Wasn't it Hicks that said something about all those people moaning about smokers, should take a look around the world we live in and shut the f*** up?

I dunno,just a thought.

Guest ezkerraldean

bah, it's totally unenforceable anywhere outside central London anyway. just like speeding and pretty much any other car-related offence. who cares

Guest margaret thatcher

i understand why they don't want people to smoke around young kids.

however,

i don't see how smoking in your own car on your own is any worse than eating a ginsters pasty while talking on your hands free while changing cds and drinking disgusting boiling-hot burger king service station coffee.

maybe they'll have to ban that too.

also i suddenly become the world's worst driver when i need to have a slash. they should definitely ban that.

and ban sneezing in cars. hugely dangerous.

Guest fiznuthian

like there's any real reason to want to smoke anyway.

i smoke one here and there still after "quitting" because

my craving still kicks up. it would be a whole lot easier

if cigs weren't anywhere at all.

Guest Gary C

*lights up*

Wasn't it Hicks that said something about all those people moaning about smokers, should take a look around the world we live in and shut the f*** up?

I dunno,just a thought.

Billpaxton.jpg

I didnt read the article. But surely it because instead of smoking you should be PAYING FUCKING ATTENTION to the road.

Saw someone try to smoke and park at the same time :facepalm: fucking eejits.

Guest Babar

smoking's good for the brain.

the french, a nation of philosophers, start the day with a gauloises and strong black coffee.

the brits, a nation of layabouts, start the day with porridge.

think about it (over a cigarette).

cigs + coffee is my typical breakfast. At least two cigs.

Then teeth brushing, followed by another cig.

Another one 30 mins later.

Nowadays, i tend to diverge from this path, and don't smoke before noon because this girl I like told me smoking leads to bad breath. Three question arises from this point on:

-I'm clearly changing my habits in order to please her. *rolls a cig* But if I want to genuinely please her, which is quite different from the simple act of seducing her with various masquerades, shouldn't I be honest with myself and with her, and then keep on smoking in the morning ? *lights aforementioned cig*

-IMO it doesn't smell like i have bad breath. Should i take notice of percepts i can't feel ?

-And finally, should I take advice from a girl who doesn't need to smoke in order to have bad breath ?

*crashes cig in the pile of ashes lying on the desk, thoughtfully* :sleep:

Guest Coalbucket PI

I didnt read the article. But surely it because instead of smoking you should be PAYING FUCKING ATTENTION to the road.

Saw someone try to smoke and park at the same time :facepalm: fucking eejits.

I'm sure we've all seen what happened to Lebowski when he dropped his special cigarette on his crotch whilst driving

So would all the people in favour of this ban also be in favour of banning smoking joints while you drive?

What's up with Finland, they just banned strip clubs?

Hey azatoth...is dottir finnish for daughter?

Guest Rambo

It seems like a ridiculous law but that's before you consider the fact that a BMW is a living being with feelings and you are smoking inside it. You wouldn't eat a shoe inside a cow would you? You wouldn't allow a miniature Fiat to shit it's little car underpants inside your leg.

So would all the people in favour of this ban also be in favour of banning smoking joints while you drive?

What's up with Finland, they just banned strip clubs?

Hey azatoth...is dottir finnish for daughter?

wtf, no...that was iceland. and dottir is icelandic for daughter. get your north european countries straight, dude

Guest Conor74

I'm sure we've all seen what happened to Lebowski when he dropped his special cigarette on his crotch whilst driving

The lesson I learned was if you're gonna smoke in the car, have a beer to hand just in case.

The whole smoking thing is nuts. Though here in Ireland we're being told that the real reason the whole place is going to shit is apparently because of...headshops. Headshop hysteria everywhere. You gotta have some completely stupid target for the hysteria. Oh it couldn't be the generation of alcohool abuse that caused us any problems, it was a few kids on Salvia. And so with smoking, if I get cancer it's not because of the traffic every day, the factories that belch out fumes, the fact I stuff my face with fat, the stress of work...it's gotta be the whiff of cig smoke I caught in the air...

Archived