IGNORED

ATTN: Wire & Generation Kill junkies

awepittance

Treme is an upcoming American drama television series created by David Simon and Eric Overmyer.[1] The series takes place three months after Hurricane Katrina where the residents of New Orleans, including musicians, chefs, Mardi Gras Indians and ordinary New Orleanians try to rebuild their lives, their homes and their unique culture in the aftermath of the 2005 hurricane.[1][2][3] The series is scheduled to premiere April 11, 2010, on HBO.[4][5] The first season will consist of 10 episodes, including an 80-minute pilot episode.[2]

Bunk and Lester play jazz musicians :emotawesomepm9:

edit: if you're curious about what a Mardi Gras Indian is see:

Indian30.jpg

doucettesm.jpg

Mardi Gras Indians are African-American Carnival revelers in New Orleans, Louisiana who dress up for Mardi Gras in suits influenced by Native American ceremonial apparel.

Collectively, their organizations are called "tribes". Many of the tribes also parade on the Sunday nearest to Saint Joseph's Day on March 19 ("Super Sunday") and sometimes at the annual New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.

There are about 38 tribes. They range in size from a half dozen to several dozen members. The tribes are largely independent, but a pair of umbrella organizations loosely coordinate the Uptown Indians and the Downtown Indians.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoohoo! Thanks for the reminder, I fucking love The Wire, I've got Generation Kill but not watched it yet. Looking forward to this...

I just watched "When The Levees Broke" the other day. It's amazing how quickly we forget that a major city in our country got wiped off the map... except for it's rich people.

Fucked up shit.

Can't wait for this.

Guest analogue wings

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Award-winning TV writer David Mills dies at 48

Mills won two primetime Emmys in 2000 for TV miniseries The Corner.

Award-winning TV writer David Mills, who worked on US dramas including The Wire and ER has died, having suffered an apparent brain aneurysm, aged 48.

A statement from cable TV channel HBO said Mills fell ill on Tuesday in New Orleans, on the set of new drama Treme, and died later in hospital.

HBO described Mills as "a gracious and humble man".

Treme, a show about New Orleans in the wake of Hurricane Katrina in 2005, is due to air in the US on 11 April.

"HBO is deeply saddened by the sudden loss of our dear friend and colleague David Mills," HBO said, in a statement.

"He was a gracious and humble man, and will be sorely missed by those who knew and loved him, as well as those who were aware of his immense talent.

"David has left us too soon but his brilliant work will live on."

'Challenging'

Mills had been living in New Orleans while co-writing and acting as co-executive producer on Treme.

Actor Wendell Pierce, who played Detective William "Bunk" Moreland on The Wire - and plays a musician in Treme - said the cast and crew held a memorial for the writer on the set on Wednesday morning.

"He was very quiet and introverted, but spoke volumes when he wrote," Pierce said, of Mills.

"He challenged us as actors and he challenged Americans when it came to matters of race.

"He was one of the more talented people working in TV. He made it much more than just empty entertainment."

Mills began his career as a reporter for the Washington Post, before turning to screenwriting.

In addition to ER and The Wire, he worked on the HBO drama, The Corner - which won him two Emmy Awards - NYPD Blue and Homicide: Life on the Street, among other shows.

David Simon and co-creator Eric Overmeyer were on WNYC's "Fresh Air" today (NPR radio program).

Here is the link...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=125510481&ft=1&f=13

I guess they recorded the interview just before David Mills died but held off to air it until today.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

loookiin good, definitely seems to be a quality program, in the last 2 years ive found myself feeling like im just waiting for the next rip of the episode of good shows to pop up, kinda wish there wasn't so many good shows in the last few years that dwarf movies in entertainment value, it really is distracting

First episode tonight! Excited! Of course I'll have to download it and watch tomorrow.

Who's watching tonoght?

yeah thought the first episode was fantastic, a lot different than the Wire which is a good thing.

looking forward to the rest of it. The intro in particular with them doing the parade was quite good

Guest Z_B_Z

awesome first episode. great to have another show with masterpiece potential.. i like breaking bad but it really doesnt have anything on this

Archived