Alzado

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tht tne

[youtubehd]0bFEVeqdSTM[/youtubehd]

should have known dilla produced Get A Hold

fav tribe track

i think he produced it as 1/3 of the ummah, also including q-tip and i believe ali shaheed muhammad, so thbt

Guest Glass Plate

it just sounds better than saying Madlibby...or Flying lot-esque

lol please dont even try to compare Fly-lo as being on the same level as J Dilla, that is just stupid.

I just think it's really funny that 90% of the people on this forum that repeatedly "dont get" dilla, have mostly heard Donuts or a few other albums, and for the most part really don't know any thing about his music. I mean The first post in this thread for example (the only one I read) Lol Alzado's interpretation of what the "dilla sound" is makes it fairly obvious he has no idea why Dilla is good. I just have to say WATMM is obviously not a hip-hop forum, and these dilla threads are just lots of facepalmery.

you're right man, I should already have been instantly familiar with everything. my sincere apologies.

it just sounds better than saying Madlibby...or Flying lot-esque

lol please dont even try to compare Fly-lo as being on the same level as J Dilla, that is just stupid.

I agree with GP, but I would say it in a much nicer way :) <3

and lol @ lol

I just think it's really funny that 90% of the people on this forum that repeatedly "dont get" dilla, have mostly heard Donuts or a few other albums, and for the most part really don't know any thing about his music. I mean The first post in this thread for example (the only one I read) Lol Alzado's interpretation of what the "dilla sound" is makes it fairly obvious he has no idea why Dilla is good. I just have to say WATMM is obviously not a hip-hop forum, and these dilla threads are just lots of facepalmery.

wow. why do you talk as if you come from a position of extreme authority on every music thread? it's really obnoxious man.

might have been a bit harsh, but slow your roll dude—nobody likes a know-it-all, whether or not they actually do know it all. a lesson i've learned (and still learning)

Guest tht tne

wow. why do you talk as if you come from a position of extreme authority on every music thread? it's really obnoxious man.

agreed and thx imo

its funny how this thread started with a lot of doubt and has ended up with a lot of love

its like everyone was straight at the beginning and then the blunt got passed around

and now everyone's cool

for all you non-dilla's out there, roll one up and check some dilla out

you'll know why he is heralded and why there is a lot of imitators out there, but none like dilla.

Guest Enter a new display name

agreed and thx imo

agreed too

Guest Glass Plate

KY = hipster and being dramatic

IRARI = fat pathetic looser

Enter a new display name = IDK

seriously though, yelling about Dilla being over rated and having not heard 90% of the music is on par with the idiocy of the Tea Party protests. Also this is a music forum, and I'm a troll. Get the fuck over your selfs.

my current favourite j dilla tracks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP7fXh1uPnc

to be very cheesy, simple and silly, mr monch captures why dilla is so good with his lyrics, love, it just comes across as he loves doing what he does.

one reason why i love dilla so much is he does really good poppy tracks like the one with thingy jackson but he also does stuff with all these strange sounds.

wasn't very clear with my point but you get the point, my stomach feels like its rejecting its self, doubling over in pain.

another song i love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIZbTAXzJsM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI2YFEKJq0c

id be interested to get a sourced list of all the stuff Dilla is plundering in Donuts, some of the original songs sound pretty damn catchy. The only one i recognize is lightworks by raymond scott

Guest tht tne

if fat is the worst insult you can come up with you are even more an idiot than i thought

if fat is the worst insult you can come up with you are even more an idiot than i thought

he called you a "looser" though dude

Archived