IGNORED

The people responsible for the movie Downfall celebrated Hitler's birthday today

Braintree

http://openvideoalliance.org/2010/04/hitler-downfall-meme-gets-dmcad/?l=en

A recent wave of takedowns notices affecting many of the Hitler “Downfall” parody videos has resulted in their removal from YouTube. (EDIT: These videos were blocked by YouTube’s Content ID system, not taken down via DMCA notices. For more on the difference between these two, see the EFF’s Guide to YouTube Removals.) The copyright claim is being filed on behalf of Constantin Films, the German production company that owns the rights to the 2004 film Der Untergang (Downfall), from which the clip originates.

nooooooooooo.jpg

Guest Z_B_Z

why couldnt they just look at it as free advertising? seems foolish to take them all down.. and why now? that memes been around for a while now

apparently the director of "Downfall" really likes some of the parodies.

It's probably just the production company being dickfaces.

Guest Coalbucket PI

Its hardly an outrage, the joke is dead anyway and they have a completely legitimate right to the clip.

I watched Downfall because of the parody videos , .. bad idea production company.

I honestly never even would have heard of the movie if it weren't because of the parodies.

Its hardly an outrage, the joke is dead anyway and they have a completely legitimate right to the clip.

fair use. heard of it?

Guest theSun

yeah those clips totally ruined the internationally acclaimed movie "Downfall" for me and countless others.

:facepalm:

the hitler gets mad at watmm vid?

is that blocked too??

i'm afraid to check it out

It's still there on my account, but no longer shows up in searches.

Archived