IGNORED

How To Destroy Angels

oscillik

I don't see how this is any different than NIN+Trent's wife at this point. I didn't think any of them were terrible until the last one. It's so obvious how clueless she is about playing, so at this point, I'm officially turned the fuck off. I wanted it to be good, I really did. I just wonder who's idea it was? Was trent like : pretty wife, synths, viral vids, ?????, Profit? OR was SHE like, "Trenty-Poo, I wanna be a rock star toooooo"?????????????????

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how this is any different than NIN+Trent's wife at this point.

Maybe it's not supposed to be anything other than that?

Meh, I won't pass judgment until I can hear some entire songs, or the entire EP.

I don't see how this is any different than NIN+Trent's wife at this point.

Maybe it's not supposed to be anything other than that?

Well, if that is the case, lol @ him. Seriously.

Guest Z_B_Z

yeah the last vid wasnt as good as the others but i didnt think it was horrible or anything..

i don't want to be negative but this ep has total facepalm all over it. i know its wrong, but to be honest, i dont think i'll like it just because it has his wife on it. to me it seems like its more about them making music because they are a couple rather than because its a good idea. this seems very shallow of me.

I'm leaning towards what you're saying as well jules... I'm very scared of this. But of course, I hope, pray and dream to be pleasantly surprised by the lack of vocals and quality of the songwriting.

Edited by colunga

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse
:facepalm: Mariqueen's vocals/lyrics on this debut song are waaay fucking worse than trent at his WORST

Hmm yeah I'd rather listen to Trent too. I'm generally not a fan of female vocals. And I hate to say it but especially in electronic music because it tends to sound cheesy versus in rock where it's just more honest/real.

Musically sounds alright, but that doesn't do much good if I don't like the vocals now does it.

Guest A/D

it sounds a lot like like year zero with female vocals, which i think is an excellent idea. i shall most likely enjoy this EP. i would be surprised if trent's voice is totally absent, but i'll be content to wait and see!

Guest mafted

that should be a sticker on the finished cd: "Trent Reznor's latest project with hunny bunny" , or the sub title.

irl lol

She may be singing, but it sounds like Trent wrote the vocal melody. I like it, but it sounds exactly like what you'd expect. He's used that chord progression/melody idea combo sooooo many times over now.

Guest Jacck

I think she has a nice voice. I agree with the above comment though: it's quite boring in the light of the most recent NIN material. Sounds very samey.

Where's the Meathead Perspective when you need it?

Wait: and this track reminds me a lot of Zero Sum for some reason.

Edited by colunga

yea after listening to this, its pretty much exactly as expected. maybe she whined enough to trent about fever ray being so successful and she wants to be a rock star too. she will have to try harder.

Guest Greg Reason

:facepalm: Mariqueen's vocals/lyrics on this debut song are waaay fucking worse than trent at his WORST

Kinda I want to maybe just for tonight. We can pretend it's alright. What's the price I pay? I don't care what they say. I want to. (I'll take my chance tonight).

I quite liked it! I've not really listened to NIN for years, but I thought that was pretty good. I don't really see the problem apart from easy pisstaking with them doing it, lots of couples jam and make music together

Also Pro One and Arp in that last vid, nice!

Guest Greg Reason

Yeah I think it's a lot better than much of what TRs done since The Fragile. Way better than aWitha Teetha and The Slip. Good to hear a little more thought put into sound design and it's nice to not have him singing for a change. That was a really cool thing with the Saul Williams album as well and that still stands up nicely.