IGNORED

Futurama is Back!!!

Boxing Day

The Paris Hilton joke was so brief that I actually missed it by blinking.

Calculon killed himself for his art, there was a drowning T-Rex with a ridiculously put-upon expression, and a weird extrapolation on lichenesque symbiotic composite organisms. It was not a bad episode.

Edit: it also answered, in great detail, why the fuck Bender was using an archaic film camera in the previous episode.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Frankie5fingers

The Paris Hilton joke was so brief that I actually missed it by blinking.

Calculon killed himself for his art, there was a perpetually-drowning T-Rex, and a weird extrapolation on lichenesque symbiotic composite organisms. It was not a bad episode.

compared to the older stuff, yeah it was a bad episode. granted though Futurama has had worse. i just don't have high hopes for this season. im fine with a great show having a bad episode once and awhile but this is just constant crap. especially since some of these jokes they're making were already made in earlier seasons. Like Bender having a kid, im pretty sure there was already an episode about this.

@baph: indeed, I was amazed that Cohen proved a theorem and made an episode of it - there's a cool article about it at american physical society: http://www.aps.org/p...05/profiles.cfm

and while this is only barely relevant to the last few posts, i liked what cohen had to say:

“One thing I worry about is that when we purposely present inaccurate science in Futurama in the name of entertainment, that viewers may hold it against us,” he concedes. “We do have genuine respect for science, and we’re trying, when we can, to raise the level of discussion of science on television. If we fail sometimes, I hope people still appreciate the frequent attempts to bring real science into the show. I apologize in advance for any failures in the future, because I’m sure there will be many more, hopefully entertaining, failures.”

“Comedy writing is not closely related to physics,” Cohen concludes. And yet he does confess that the research arm of science in general has correlations to comedy writing, in that their creative processes have similarities. “On a day to day basis, I’m not using a lot of diagrams and solving differential equations. But sometimes in writing, as in scientific research, you rely on your gut instinct and your experience to tell you that yes, I am setting off on a road that is worthwhile.”

Great read, thats cool as fuck

edit: I really liked the newest one, although last week's was better, but so far these two most recent are WAY better than the two for season premiere

Guest Frankie5fingers

*reads too much into Futurama*

*dies alone*

once again squee you point out my flaws and predict my future...............STOP IT! lol

yo my bad, I just realized that article isn't even about the episode baph mentioned... but it's still a neat example of Cohen dropping science on network television.

Guest Frankie5fingers

yo my bad, I just realized that article isn't even about the episode baph mentioned... but it's still a neat example of Cohen dropping science on network television.

well someone has too. cause our teachers are doin a shitty job at keeping our attention through science class.

Idgaf, I still like reading about the science-y stuff Cohen always puts out there, it's a refreshing break from some of the other stuff that poisons our minds

• 11 months later...

Can't believe the show will end (again) , :cry::trashbear:

I watched family guy the other sunday and it was awful, why are shows like that able to have 25 episodes seasons every year, ugh.

I think the best thing for Futurama would be to do 10-13 episode a season then take a year long break, similar to what curb your enthusiasm does but i guess they'll rather end it, boooooo!

Guest Frankie5fingers

yeah, im a bit surprised that shit like Family guy can continue too. i guess fart jokes and 20min long meg joke setups are more funny.

anyways, those first two episodes were pretty hilarious. the Möbius strip thing had me laughing pretty hard.

Sucks that it's been cancelled... again. Lame networks.

It just doesnt get enough viewers, that the reality of it. I don't think the comeback was marketed well at all, not enough people were made aware of the series. Its comedy Central's fault for not being good enough at this, if Fox was in charge of distributing the series i think it would be successful.

Guest Frankie5fingers

Sucks that it's been cancelled... again. Lame networks.

It just doesnt get enough viewers, that the reality of it. I don't think the comeback was marketed well at all, not enough people were made aware of the series. Its comedy Central's fault for not being good enough at this, if Fox was in charge of distributing the series i think it would be successful.

it had plenty of viewers when it returned, the only reason it came back was because of comedy central running the reruns. but what happened was those people stopped watching after a season or 2. they didnt market it very well, yeah, but i think its also cause people are starting to watch more stuff on demand like Netflix, HBO, and Showtime. now that i think about it, i dont even think i know anyone anymore that watches scheduled tv.

Archived