IGNORED

Futurama is Back!!!

Boxing Day

I'm off to watch Bender's Big Score now.

So am I. It feels way more different to the old season than the new episodes do. I haven't seen the whole film yet (fell asleep, but that's not to say anything about the quality of the movie, I fall asleep to things I like too), but I think I prefer the new season.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just watched the latest one. Its philosophical relevance made me re-watch Rebirth. They are both hilarious.

I love how all the characters are clones except for Farnsworth, and now they are 2 universes later. I half expect that in the next episode everyone will die except for Farnsworth, who will replace them all with a computer simulation, and the show will continue as usual.

Guest acknowledgeandproceed

Dug on episode seven. It seems like with each episode they are catching that old stride again. Absolutely loved the reference to Eternal Recurrence without being a dick (although 10 feet taller, and eliminating paradoxes), and it brought to mind a previous episode where Fry reanimated a cryogenically frozen guy that had wanted to see the past so he had himself frozen because he thought time was cyclical. Fry: "Nope. Straight line." Then he probed him or something. Great show. Hope it keeps up the pace.

I fucking loved this last episode, I smirked quite a bit at a lot of parts. "And we interupt Hypnotoad on Ice..." major fucking lol. And when I saw the big bounce in action, my heart smiled. I fucking love this show.

It could have been because I was mildly drunk but the last episode was pretty funny, not a classic, but decent. I liked the whole pyramids thing, and I liked seeing Nibbler. There was other stuff I liked and found funny, but I forget at the moment. Animation really looked awesome too, imo.

I love Futurama in HD/16:9 aspect ratio.

Well, any episode after last weeks will pale. Lets not think either that the old series had all hits and no misses. I didn't think this last one was THAT horrible. This far I'd give the series a thumbs up.

Guest bitroast

yeah yeah. i'm still overall happy, and it's true there has always bee the odd dud episode. but still, latest episode was poor as :p

( season 6 has got me going back and re-watching the whole series. currently at season 3. some of the episodes really are exceptionally brilliant. )

Last one was indeed great. Rapid pace jokes and crazy mind switching shenanigans. And I bet the mathematical proof on the board in the end is correct. The writers love to put those nerdy references in the background.

Last one was indeed great. Rapid pace jokes and crazy mind switching shenanigans. And I bet the mathematical proof on the board in the end is correct. The writers love to put those nerdy references in the background.

It is. One of the guys who write for Futurama (I can't remember if it's David X. Cohen or someone else) is a master in physics or something which means that a lot of the mathematical mumbo jumbo that they talk about in the series are actually correct.

From io9:

Here's the progression of each mind through the various bodies in "The Prisoner of Benda":

The Professor —> Amy —> Bender —> Bubblegum Tate —> The Professor

Amy —> The Professor —> Leela —> Hermes —> Sweet Clyde —> Amy

Bender —> Amy —> Wash Bucket —> The Emperor —> Bubblegum Tate —> Bender

Leela —> The Professor —> Sweet Clyde —> Leela

Fry —> Dr. Zoidberg —> Bubblegum Tate —> Fry

Dr. Zoidberg —> Fry —> Sweet Clyde —> Dr. Zoidberg

The Emperor —> Wash Bucket —> Bubblegum Tate —> The Emperor

Hermes —> Leela —> Sweet Clyde —> Hermes

Sweet Clyde —> Fry —> Bubblegum Tate —> Wash Bucket —> Sweet Clyde

Bubblegum Tate —> Dr. Zoidberg —> Sweet Clyde —> The Professor —> Bubblegum Tate

Fucking hilarious, it's starting to dawn on me that the season will end soon. :(

Anyone know how it's doing in the ratings?

That was probably the best episode of the season so far , and one of the all-time best.

Zoidberg + Professor was the biggest LOL , also the Asian guy at the UN.

How do i rate this seasons (so far) :

The Prisoner of Benda - 10/10

The Late Philip J. Fry - 10/10

A Clockwork Origin - 10/10

Lethal Inspection - 9.7/10

The Duh-Vinci Code - 9.5/10

Re-Birth - 9/10

In-A-Gadda-Da-Leela - 9/10

Attack of the Killer App - 9/10

Proposition Infinity - 7.5/10

That Darn Katz! - 7/10

^Last I saw (a month or so ago) each episode had declining views. Which is a shame, as they've been getting better pretty consistently.

Guess everyone is jumping ship to watch Jersey Shore.

:facepalm:

Archived