IGNORED

Futurama is Back!!!

Boxing Day

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having a hard time believing that it'll be as fun as it was 8 years ago now that Family Guy, American Dad and The Cleveland Show have set a new standard.

Also, I've got the hots for Leela.

found something:

Since no new Futurama projects were originally in production at the time, the movie Into the Wild Green Yonder was designed to stand as the Futurama series finale. However, Groening had expressed a desire to continue the franchise in some form, including as a theatrical film.[65] In an interview with CNN, Groening said that "we have a great relationship with Comedy Central and we would love to do more episodes for them, but I don't know... We're having discussions and there is some enthusiasm but I can't tell if it's just me."[66]

On June 9, 2009, 20th Century Fox announced that Comedy Central had picked up the show for 26 new half-hour episodes that will begin airing in mid-2010.[67][68][69] A smaller writing crew will return.[70] It was originally announced that main voice actors West, DiMaggio, and Sagal would return as well, but on July 17, 2009, it was announced that a casting notice was posted to replace the entire cast when 20th Century Fox Television would not meet their salary demands.[71] It was later resolved and the original voice-cast will be in place for the new episodes. Many fans were disheartened to see that the cast was not at the Futurama booth at San Diego Comic-Con International. According to Phil LaMarr (who voiced Hermes on the show), the cast's invitation was retracted by FOX because of a dispute over the salaries.[72]

Near the end of a message from Maurice LaMarche that was sent to members of the "Save the Voices of Futurama" group on Facebook, LaMarche announced that the original cast would be returning for the new episodes.[73] The Toronto Star confirmed, announcing on their website that the original cast of Futurama have signed contracts with Fox to return for 26 more episodes.[74] Similarly, an email sent to fans from Cohen and Groening reported that West, Sagal, DiMaggio, LaMarche, MacNeille, Tom, LaMarr, and Herman would all be returning for the revival, set to air in June 2010.[75]

Cohen told Newsday in August 2009 that the reported 26-episode order means "t will be up to 26. I can't guarantee it will be 26. But I think there's a pretty good chance it'll be exactly 26. Fox has been a little bit cagey about it, even internally. But nobody's too concerned. We're plunging ahead".[28] Two episodes were in the process of being voice-recorded at that time, with an additional "six scripts ... in the works, ranging in scale from 'it's a crazy idea that someone's grandmother thought of' to 'it's all on paper'. ..."The first episode is tentatively titled 'Rebirth' — and in a surprisingly literal fashion, as things turn out". It will air June 24 at 10pm EST on Comedy Central.[2

Guest Ramses

Futurama is brilliant- but man, I'm gonna be so upset if it's anything like the straight to DVDs they did. Those were pathetic.

why do they switch futurama on and off all the time?

is it a budget thing?

I think I remember reading something about the tv-show not wasn't very succesful but the DVD-sales were insane so they decided to do the four movies and that let to the reboot... also, it's now on a different network

Good.

The show still has potential. I love to see Farnsworth and Zoidberg get back into action.

I hope they don't make too much serious episodes again. Like that dog one :cry:

Guest Bramsworth

Everyone's just finding this out now? Where were you when all that stuff with the voice actors possibly being replaced was going down? :cerious:

Archived