IGNORED

Futurama is Back!!!

Boxing Day

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its also kind of lol how they dont even try to make it look like they care about fixing story problems and paradoxes. they cant switch bodies back, no biggie, get bubblegum and clyde to solve the issue in 15 seconds. as long as they dont rely on that level of insanity for too long.

its also kind of lol how they dont even try to make it look like they care about fixing story problems and paradoxes. they cant switch bodies back, no biggie, get bubblegum and clyde to solve the issue in 15 seconds. as long as they dont rely on that level of insanity for too long.

They're already been established that they are clones, and that they are two universes in the future.

I love the way they jar with the viewers' feelings about what makes a story continuous.

it is a science fiction program so it can do whatever the fuck it wants. problem is if they diverge too far from some kind of continuous or sense making story line it just becomes too bizarre and completely impersonal. if you cant relate to the characters even slightly you dont care, i think. not that i am complaining, this season gets better with each episode. ALL HAIL ZOIDBERG, KING OF THE BOX!

Cohen reveals for the first time that in the 10th episode of the upcoming season, tentatively entitled “The Prisoner of Benda,” a theorem based on group theory was specifically written (and proven!) by staffer/PhD mathematician Ken Keeler to explain a plot twist. Cohen can’t help but chuckle at the irony: his television-writing rule is that entertainment trumps science, but in this special case, a mathematical theorem was penned for the sake of entertainment.

http://www.aps.org/publications/apsnews/201005/profiles.cfm

• 3 weeks later...

A Roswell That Ends Well is the right amount of fucked up in a Futurama-ish kind of way. But what is so great about Futurama is the on going relationship between Leela and Fry and all the flashbacks to earlier episodes, so I think it would be a shame to just watch a couple of random episodes. Start from season one and watch a couple of episodes and if it doesn't grow on you... well, then don't watch it.

after watching through the whole series pretty recently i can easily say this season is definitely the worst. It feels to me like they lost their best writers and shaved 10 years off the target audience.

• 2 months later...

Archived