Futurama is Back!!!

Boxing Day

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On June 9, 2009, producing studio 20th Century Fox announced that Comedy Central had picked up the show for 26 new half-hour episodes, of which the first half began airing from June 24, 2010. The remaining thirteen episodes are scheduled to air beginning on June 23, 2011.

HEY THAT'S TODAY

:nyan:

Guest bitroast

the latest episodes had me absolutely shattered.

it went from being an amazing clever funny show, to something so incredibly bad, unfunny, lame, uninspired, .. etc etc etc (bad bad bad).

Futurama_-_Neutopia_screenshot.jpg

and this is the preview picture for the latest new episode. i'll always love the original tv run of futurama, but i'm fairly sure i'm gonna have to call it a day on this new stuff.

On June 9, 2009, producing studio 20th Century Fox announced that Comedy Central had picked up the show for 26 new half-hour episodes, of which the first half began airing from June 24, 2010. The remaining thirteen episodes are scheduled to air beginning on June 23, 2011.

HEY THAT'S TODAY

the latest episodes had me absolutely shattered.

it went from being an amazing clever funny show, to something so incredibly bad, unfunny, lame, uninspired, .. etc etc etc (bad bad bad).

Futurama_-_Neutopia_screenshot.jpg

and this is the preview picture for the latest new episode. i'll always love the original tv run of futurama, but i'm fairly sure i'm gonna have to call it a day on this new stuff.

I thought the last season was about as consistent as all previous Futurama seasons. The movies not so much, and the season got off to a slightly iffy start, but I think it pulled together quite well in the end.

sorry to jump in so late and not read anything else in the thread, but i dont remember Futurama being this.. how do you say 'sexy'? Is it just me? They seem to be upping the risque factor for a cartoon to almost south park levels with some of their sexual references. I mean actually it's not at that level yet but it seems distinctly more 'adult' than it did on fox.

edit: i like it best when the show goes into full Red Dwarf mode with just python levels of absurdity

sorry to jump in so late and not read anything else in the thread, but i dont remember Futurama being this.. how do you say 'sexy'? Is it just me? They seem to be upping the risque factor for a cartoon to almost south park levels with some of their sexual references. I mean actually it's not at that level yet but it seems distinctly more 'adult' than it did on fox.

edit: i like it best when the show goes into full Red Dwarf mode with just python levels of absurdity

not just you

it's weird how sexually charged the second episode is.

I was hoping they would keep Scruffy transgendered throughout the season, but I'm glad the comic potential of a Grey Goo apocalypse has finally been realized.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Smuckers

damn, didn't realise i had missed the restart, at least i've got four new episodes to catch up on.

Archived