IGNORED

Caffeine Thread

chassis

Guest hahathhat

i always always have coffee in the morning. not just for the caffeine, but to kickstart my bowels. then i usually stop there, as too much caffeine makes me sleep like shit. once or twice a week i'll have an energy drink after coffee... sometimes some tea. when i am tripping, though, i drink lots of tea, no matter what time of day.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a barista at a local little coffee shop. I drink retarded amounts of coffee/espresso.

headaches when I don't have it. it's usually the last thing on my mind when going to bed, and the first thing on my mind when I wake up.

Guest Rabid

used to be ..then realized the huge amount of anxiety i was experiencing every day was mostly due to soft drinks. switched to tea and i feel much, much better. it actually does relax you via theanine.. http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2001/oct2001_cover_theanine_01.html

tea lesson over.

let me take this opportunity to say that tea changed my life. i know that everyone is different but in my own experience, tea gives me 10x more energy than coffee, which just makes me crash in a few hours anyway.

i drink energy drinks when i'm out late and that's pretty much it. as for soda, i've tried to cut down. now i drink propel instead. not a big fan of caffeine.

i drink energy drinks when i'm out late and that's pretty much it. as for soda, i've tried to cut down. now i drink propel instead. not a big fan of caffeine.

Ive tried to substitute fizzy drinks with juice instead.

My favourite so far is orange and carrot. Its fucking amazing!

juice is pretty bad too in terms of sugar content. same with iced tea. that's why i stopped drinking it, even though it's my favorite thing ever :sad:

edit: actually, it probably depends if it's from concentrate or not.

That aeropress looks intriguing, but please tell me I'd be pouring that very hot water into a device made out of good old inert glass, and not some phthalated BPA-laden shiny plastic.

edit: sorry if this is explained in the clip, I can't listen to sounds at stupid work. Grrr work stupid garr.

edit 38: haha, holy shit, I remember aerobies. Those were the bomb in '91.

Nah, but your real dong will fall off and a micropenis will grow in its place. Plus side, you'll get nice titties.

No phthalates or BPA:http://www.aerobie.com/Products/Details/AeroPressMaterialsDescription.htm

I love that these things are made by the Aerobie company. Aerobies were the jam back in '91.

aerobie1.jpg

Guest Mirezzi

That aeropress looks intriguing, but please tell me I'd be pouring that very hot water into a device made out of good old inert glass, and not some phthalated BPA-laden shiny plastic.

edit: sorry if this is explained in the clip, I can't listen to sounds at stupid work. Grrr work stupid garr.

edit 38: haha, holy shit, I remember aerobies. Those were the bomb in '91.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GXZ2GS/ref=sr_1_49?ie=UTF8&ie%20UTF8=&s=kitchen&qid=1197672580&sr=1-49

Includes a years' worth of micro-filters; BPA free

Apparently, they've been BPA-free since August of 2009.

I'm pretty much going to get one now.

Why did I feel the need to reference Aerobies and 1991 twice? Also, "bomb"; "jam"? Jesus fuck, I'm out of it today. Got lost in the rabbit hole of a hundred edits. Sorry watmm.

I'm a stim junkie. My favorite source is from GNC called Platinum Pump Fuel raspberry lemonade. It's a pre-workout and it's awesome with 200mg of caffeine per scoop. Makes the workouts so much more intense.

i usually drink red bull or bawls, but only rarely, like if i want an extra kick for some FPSin or to sharpen up after some weed

103_0.jpg

man... even regular rockstar is too fucking much for me. Two-Three hours after consumption my stomach is a hollow cramping pit... and then the anxiety kicks in.

I also hate coffee. Coffee iced cream is delicious, but anything else makes me wretch. It also makes your breath wreak and travel for miles.

Guest hahathhat

in high school i constantly ate caffeinated peppermints

i will not go into the details of the magnitude of bowel disorder this caused

Guest hahathhat

i enqueued "aquarius" by BOC for next just before i loaded this thread!!

ORANGE!

i find that a huge amount of caffeine before sitting and fiddling around with a synthesizer or logic pro is one of the greatest pleasures in life

just had a huge iced coffee and am going to try and damage my brain by making 400BPM breakcore

Guest hahathhat

iced coffee can be quite good

take unused morning coffee, deposit into jug.

one day, hot day -- harvest jug. ICE COFFEFE@#

I can't drink coffee. Whenever I do, I end up shitting myself. My friend can attest to the accounts of when I did this on his couch and at a Carl's Jr.

I still like the creamy as heck coffee though, especially iced.

Guest Sprigg

I've cut back a lot on coffee... used to drink two cups a day, now I drink a lot of soda, but I'm trying to cut down on that as well. I have a shit-ton of tea that I just never happen to feel like making when I want it. :trashbear:

Archived