IGNORED

The JDs - Education

Guest jsd

Guest jsd

Chocolate and peanut butter. Beer and pretzels. Subways and creepy smelling weird old guys. Some things are just meant to go together. To this list of classic pairings, you can now add Meat Beat Manifesto and Bass Kittens, for lo, the men behind these two legendary outfits of breaks and bass (and whose initials coincidentally - OR IS IT?! - are both J.D.) have teamed up to provide what is unquestionably going to be the most glorious assault on your eardrums since B met ASS.

Jack Dangers of Meat Beat Manifesto needs no introduction. He practically invented modern breakbeat music. His collection of vintage analog synthesizers and vocoders provides the foundation for the JD's sound.

Jon Drukman of Bass Kittens is the digital to Dangers' analog. He brings his own electro-tinged philosophy to the proceedings.

There is only one school on Planet JDs: the school of blowing your mind with sound. Step inside and get educated.

Album sampler/preview:

http://soundcloud.com/basskitten/the-jds-album-sampler

Purchase exclusively at Addictech.com for now - iTunes, Beatport and others coming later this summer:

Buy Now!

woah mbm posts here.

I didn't notice...hi Jack! :emotawesomepm9:

sampler is quality shit

Indeed...I would like to buy this. I would just like to know if I a CD is planned or if it'll only be digital.

Guest jsd

woah mbm posts here.

I didn't notice...hi Jack! :emotawesomepm9:

sampler is quality shit

Indeed...I would like to buy this. I would just like to know if I a CD is planned or if it'll only be digital.

I'm not Jack, sorry... I'm Jon, the other JD. Jack says hello, though!

We're not planning on a CD or vinyl release at the moment, but I never say never... Addictech sells lossless so you can buy that and burn your own CD. It would be the same as an official release, soundwise.

Cool thanks for the response, and hello other JD. :beer:

I was more concerned with being able to add to my physical CD collection, not so much the quality (that I care for also, of course). I'll get the MP3s from Addictech, then.

Guest jsd

If there were a tour associated with this, I'd go mad. Jack came to the Grand Emporium here in Kansas City back in 2005 and it was a revelation. Old and new alike--there were people who pulled out their old KMFDM and Nitzer Ebb shirts, the live drummer on the trigger pads, the visuals, the goddamned unrelenting bass ( :spiteful: ), and the awesome idea of a bendable, fish-eyed CCTV camera on Jack-behind-the-Mac for when he would rap the classics off of "Satyricon". Maybe it was a bit embarrassing, as a man in his 30's, to get sloppy drunk and rap every lyric at the top of my lungs back at Jack but...maybe I just don't give a fuck because it was awesome!

Oh my brothers, I'm so glad I caught that. Touring is naturally a bitch but...let's just say that this is my plea to The JD's for loading up a van with just two Macs and a Funktion One rig with a 400,000,000 Jigawatt amp to come blow minds across America.

Jeeez, when you put it like that, it sounds awesome! I wish I had the time and money to do this. Maybe if we strike it rich...

BTW - love your sig, I was in the same boat in '87 :)

• 1 month later...

In case anybody was put off by buying from a fairly obscure San Francisco-based storefront, we have now made the album available on iTunes, Amazon, Beatport, and loads more. If your favorite shop doesn't have it, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

i don't know how i missed this a month ago - having a listen tomorrow - the sampler sounds tip top

(jsd - say hellooo to daum dauminator bentley for me - tell him justin jones sends his love)

at about the 2 minute mark in the sampler......that is pure beauty......makes the hairs stand up on the back of the neck......going to buy this asap......

There was a JD's radio set from 2005

is this available anywhere jsd? post a link if there is one - would love to hear this

I actually don't know what the original poster is referring to. Jack and I never did a radio set together... I've done some and he has done some separately of course.

That sampler is sick. Sounds like everything I loved in vein of Autoimmune (can't say anything for Bass Kittens, I've never heard any of your stuff :c).

I actually don't know what the original poster is referring to. Jack and I never did a radio set together... I've done some and he has done some separately of course.

fair enough - this is plenty to chew anyway ..crunch ..crunch

• 5 years later...

Archived