IGNORED

The Official 2010 World Cup Thread

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dirty Protest

No you were right Over, Just couldnt see Milner and Gerrard as the wingers. The best way to play Slovenia is wide and Milner must have made him self impossible not to pick in training. So same old England is probably a good thing right now, helps that theyve woken up. Dont like the look of the box James is going to now, it says unlucky bobble all over it.

Guest Mirezzi

I'm out of breath and almost ready to call a physician for fear of an imminent heart attack. I literally couldn't move when the U.S. scored that goal and I stopped for 2 solid minutes waiting for a linesmen or the ref to call it back.

The United States were quite easily the best team from this group. England probably deserve to go through because, well, it's SLOVENIA, but the U.S. were the best team in the group games.

The Algeria score should have been 2-0 and if the U.S. had finished chances, it would have been 5-0.

Glad to see Milner do well, I think people blamed him (instead of Capello) for his poor showing against the U.S. He was obviously very ill and he's probably England's third best midfielder.

Oh great, now everyone in England is going to overreact and I won't stop hearing about how 'OUR BOYS!" will win everything.

:facepalm:

Guest inteeliguntdesign

Damn you, Upson, for denying my 1-1 prediction at the very last minute.

There was about 20 minutes in the first half when we were excellent, and just not too bad for the rest of the game. Good game, though.

I'm looking forward to playing Germany next and then Argentina...

I'm looking forward to the matches tonight. If Germany finish not-first in their group we might get the quarter finals!

Guest Mirezzi

Said a Scottish friend of mine:

Of course I didn't want England to win, but in the end, the sight of their desperate time wasting to protect a one goal lead against one of Europe's minnows (a population of two million), while the fans sang Rule Britannia and Britannia Rules The Waves and the commentators talked about 'shivers down their spines' was actually quite funny.
Guest Rambo

Said a Scottish friend of mine:

Of course I didn't want England to win, but in the end, the sight of their desperate time wasting to protect a one goal lead against one of Europe's minnows (a population of two million), while the fans sang Rule Britannia and Britannia Rules The Waves and the commentators talked about 'shivers down their spines' was actually quite funny.

i feel his pain

Guest Mirezzi

so goals scored decides who is top if points and goal diff are same?

Correct, and the U.S. are deserving.

Yeah, it's negligible, but yes, I think the U.S. were deserving of top of the group. Their first half against Slovenia was shit beyond shit. Their second half was the best half of football in all of Group C. Their entire game against England was deserving of the draw. They killed the Algerians. England were probably a smidge better against the U.S., they did what they needed against Slovenia, and they were dreadful against Algeria for 90 minutes. So yeah, fair to the U.S. to be top of group, but not by a wide margin.

Archived