IGNORED

The Hobbit loses Guillermo Del Toro

Rubin Farr

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i won't, just developing my douche shield of hate needed to survive the month after its release when everyone talks at me about how amazing/mind-blowing/epic/actually really well done/well, at least it's technically impressive it is, ala avengers, dark knight rises, inception.

Haha remember Borat? Everyone and their brother saying "very nice" for three months? My god that was unbearable.

First tweet about press screening, despite embargo

The technique of the 48 fps is spectacular but I do not know such a modernity marries with the "regal" and "classical" essence of the series--Great wisdom of casting Richard Armitage, packing and gives mastery to Thorin regal... But once again Andy Serkis-Gollum! Oscar now!

First tweet about press screening, despite embargo

The technique of the 48 fps is spectacular but I do not know such a modernity marries with the "regal" and "classical" essence of the series--Great wisdom of casting Richard Armitage, packing and gives mastery to Thorin regal... But once again Andy Serkis-Gollum! Oscar now!

must be first press screening in Latvia, egads the grammar

Akaufman1.jpg

i won't, just developing my douche shield of hate needed to survive the month after its release when everyone talks at me about how amazing/mind-blowing/epic/actually really well done/well, at least it's technically impressive it is, ala avengers, dark knight rises, inception.

Haha remember Borat? Everyone and their brother saying "very nice" for three months? My god that was unbearable.

High Five!

071221-borat-hsmall-11a.grid-6x2.jpg

Don't see the movie then?

This would be an important advice but I can't escape the impact of the movie as I'm surrounded by Tolkien fandom. I'll probably even wear a Gandalf costume on the opening evening. Oh boy.

But I'm sincerely waiting for the Hobbit as a future fun experience. The fact I'll be watching it a bit drunk is of course part of the plan.

It's not popularity. I love a lot of very popular films. I dislike the manipulation level and the dismissing of audience as stupid aspects of Lord of the Rings.

I think it's gonna be 24 fps here, as for 3d, probably, but not certain.

Bonnie Alba ‏@bonniealba

Just saw a test reel for The Hobbit 3D in 48 fps. Oh. My. God. You guys have no idea what you are in for. #TheHobbit

LA Times has a story today on the higher frame rate. WB seem pleased with the test reel and some theater owners were disappointed they weren't getting more HFR runs, so hopefully a good sign that they think audiences will like it.

they said all the same shit about 3D right before Avatar was released. And same people behind the hype! Coincidence?

Theater attendance has been declining, despite increased global revenue. Hence all the gimmicky shit, to try and distinguish the moviegoing experience from (people's increasingly awesome) home viewing experience.

they said all the same shit about 3D right before Avatar was released. And same people behind the hype! Coincidence?

Theater attendance has been declining, despite increased global revenue. Hence all the gimmicky shit, to try and distinguish the moviegoing experience from (people's increasingly awesome) home viewing experience.

:trollface:

just thought it was a funny post

will just have to wait and see for yourself?

RZOqf.jpg

Alex Boultwood ‏@Direlogue

@brendonconnelly 48fps isn't for me, although it makes the creature effects esp. Gollum look stunning

HBT-FP-0009.jpg

HBT-FP-0004.jpg

HBT-VFX-013.jpg

HBT-FP-0005.jpg

HBT-031339r.jpg

HBT-FP-0018.jpg

im pretty excited for it but I'm noticing even more with those newer screenshots just how overly CGI the entire movie looks. IT sort of resembles the flora in Avatar alittle bit too much. Hopefully with all the other advancements i'm not missing the shit out of the beautiful bigatures from the original trilogy for the whole film

they aren't using them this time around, something about shooting in 3d made it too difficult for them to match the miniature work with the rest of the photography. Im not sure if i ever heard an official source for this but i've heard other people say it as far back as a year ago.

I mean to be completely honest none of it ever looked totally convincing, but something about the bigature work in the original trilogy got my nerd-dick super hard.

when i first saw this i was blown away, and it holds up as a very seamless and beautiful looking special effect almost 10 years later

ah, then I agree with you. I agree, the bigatures (gah, bad term) made everything much more convincing. Every movie that has had good special effects has used a good blend of scale models, cg, animatronics. Pure CG never looks as good.

James Cameron tips Hobbit to spark film revolution

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/bus...lm-revolution/

Some quick reactions from twitter. All I've been able to find.

Quote:

Bryan Singer ‏@BryanSinger

Just saw #Hobbit. Having some serious frame rate envy. Amazing and involving. Loved it! And @ianmckellen118, my friend, you are brilliant!

Quote:

Jonny Mole ‏@jonnymolenz

Wow, Hobbit was incredible - an epic!

Quote:

Kylie Klein ‏@KokoKabana

The #Hobbit is everything I could have hoped for. Perfection. TWO MORE FILMS PLEASE. #3SR

Quote:

Kylie Klein ‏@KokoKabana

Standing ovation for Peter and Fran. #hobbit http://instagr.am/p/SkB96EuXgB/

Quote:

Bang-It BananaDawg™ ‏@wolf_monkey

So yeah- The Hobbit was pretty intense! :O

Quote:

Steven Joyce ‏@stevenljoyce

Really enjoyed #Hobbit Unexpected Journey world premiere. Masterful movie. Congrats Sir Peter Jackson et al. Privilege 2 be there #HobbitNZ

Quote:

Peter Dunne ‏@PeterDunneMP

@Fish_NZH yes, bold and dramatic, and did not seem like three hours

Quote:

Cory Knights ‏@Ruptunex

Fucking hell, The Hobbit looks stunning on the screen at Embassy and sounds even better

Quote:

Seeby Woodhouse ‏@seeby

Peter Jackson is a f**ing legend. The hobbit was awesome. Go see it people. Support NZ like Pete does

Mike Sunderland ‏@mikejsunderland

Sister saw pre-screening of new #Hobbit film today. "Relax" she says, "it's AMAZING".

Cineworld BOLTON ‏@CineworldBolton

Just watched about 20 minutes of 3D 48fps HFR footage (including The Hobbit) trailer. Clearer, sharper and more life like than anything...

...I've ever seen. It takes a bit of getting used to, about 5 minutes should do it. You can actually see what 'higher frame rate' actually..

..means, as at first it appears almost speeded up until you realise what you're actually seeing it a true life like image. Incredible!

@Shawky1969 Yes, I think majority of public won't know about 48fps and will not enjoy it. Too much like TV/Video

Archived