IGNORED

Gunman kills 12 people in Cumbria, England

Dale

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/10219655.stm

Twelve people were killed by a gunman who went on the rampage across Cumbria in north-west England.

Taxi driver Derrick Bird shot dead a colleague in the town of Whitehaven, before driving through the countryside apparently targeting people at random.

Eleven others were injured, three critically and five seriously.

Mr Bird's body was found in a wooded area in Boot in the Lake District, where a shotgun and a rifle fitted with a telescopic sight were recovered.

This sort of thing in the UK is extremely rare. Anyone from this area of England?

Guest Dirty Protest

Its is very rare thankfully. This is why the 2nd ammendment belongs with injuns and grizzlies. Must be pretty shit to live in a rough area of the US, constantly thinking a fight could get you shot (or am i off the mark here?). The papers over here try to make a problem over gun crime and knife crime, but in reality it only happens to a small number of black gang members.

Guest mafted

Its is very rare thankfully. This is why the 2nd ammendment belongs with injuns and grizzlies. Must be pretty shit to live in a rough area of the US, constantly thinking a fight could get you shot (or am i off the mark here?). The papers over here try to make a problem over gun crime and knife crime, but in reality it only happens to a small number of black gang members.

yea it is. it doesn't even take a fight though.. you can't go to parts around here in the daytime if you're white. call the cops and they'll literally laugh at you if you're in certain parts.

this is terrible though, as it usually is when putzes have to take random people 'with them'.

All it would have taken was one law-abiding firearm-carrying citizen to drop the guy before he took 12 people out.

And all it takes is one non-law abiding citizen to steal the gun kill the family of the owner, and then go on a rampage of his own.

Guns have one purpose - they are used to kill. Look at any society with strict gun control laws, and look at the number of gun deaths.

Correlation doesn't always equal causation, but it's a pretty safe bet in this case.

All it would have taken was one law-abiding firearm-carrying citizen to drop the guy before he took 12 people out.

And all it takes is one non-law abiding citizen to steal the gun kill the family of the owner, and then go on a rampage of his own.

Guns have one purpose - they are used to kill. Look at any society with strict gun control laws, and look at the number of gun deaths.

Correlation doesn't always equal causation, but it's a pretty safe bet in this case.

so...you're saying...throwing knives?

Guest Chromatic

Should've caught the loonball by surprise while he was reloading. I'm from Cumbria, not really near where the shootings happened (about 40 miles), but it's still pretty crazy to hear about it, as the local crime rate is one of the lowest in the country.

Im also from Cumbria (though the south) As is Ron Manager i believe. That north coast area always strikes me as like Englands answer to the deep south, pockets of slightly odd close-knit villages seperated by acres of farm and wilderness. Sellafield is very idm, a nuclear powerstation overlooking a misty grey beach. Lucky really that the gunman never made it as far inland as the lake district cause I imagine its quite busy there at the moment.

Anyone remember the Range rover murders of 1995?

how can i forget. nearly got caught for that one

and i would have shot some more range rovers but i had to leg it

Guest Jimbob

they made an awful film about those Land Rover murders, Rise Of The Footsoldier i think it's called

Guest FortyTwo

To be fair im surprised he didn't kill more people during the course of three hours he was out on his spree.

Seemingly it because of a will that he flipped, seems a bit excessive going around killing people because of a family feud.

Guest EDGEY

M-M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILL!

...too soon?

Guest Dirty Protest

Im just fucked off that Coronation Streets been pulled for another night. Television cant show a fictious kidnap, but it can show pictures of the murderer and explain every aspect of the shootings in great detail. Grandstand morality pisses me right off, and i really like corrie =)

yeah you're totally off the mark. this happened in the UK and the first thing you do is mouth Amerikkka shit off.

Archived