IGNORED

Pixies

halisray

I think Husker Du are overrated. Can't get into 'em. Still trying though. I understand their influence but that doesn't automatically make them good.

Like Bob Dylan?

*runs away*

fuck you

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Husker Du are overrated. Can't get into 'em. Still trying though. I understand their influence but that doesn't automatically make them good.

Like Bob Dylan?

*runs away*

Pretty much exactly.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

they have pixies on rock band now? ffffuuuuccck I might have to purchase a video game machine.

Zen Arcade, New Day Rising, Flip Your Wig are three perfect works that speak volumes, and while Candy Apple Grey and Warehouse are less than perfect (due to the band self-destructing during the process of making them) they are still damn fine albums. They wrote beautiful, emotionally intense pieces of music.

"I'll never forget you" is an amazing love song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogHIUNfu2vY

Sorry OP I'm not trying to derail your thread. I just think Husker Du is like a natural precursor to the pixies.

bossanova is the best album

manta ray is the best track

i had a friend in high school that always made fun of me for liking them and tried to explain that husker do was way better. he was wrong.

I think the Bossanova had the best b-sides, especially 'I've Been Waiting For You' and 'Velvety Instrumental'. There were quite a few decent tracks on the BBC album ('There Goes My Gun' is so much better played faster), but for some reason it omitted 'Tame', which pisses on the version on 'Doolittle'. I remember hearing that session when it first aired, it blew my mind.

Better of course is subjective.

I would argue that without Husker Du, The Pixies could not exist.

I am not denigrating the Pixies...i've already said in this thread that I enjoy their output.

Got to admit, I never thought of any kind of influence from Husker Du, from what I do know of their output I'd say it seems a fair point. Incidentally, am I a heathen if I think 'Could You Be The One?' is a classic record and I'm Spotifying it right now? (Yeah, I know there's a hell of a lot more to them than just that record).

Could you be the One is a damn good single. :)

And i....i ....like some of the Foo Fighters output.... *hangs head in secret shame*

And i....i ....like some of the Foo Fighters output.... *hangs head in secret shame*

They had a decent start anyway...but I really can't stand their sound after the first 2 albums.

They had a decent start anyway...but I really can't stand their sound after the first 2 albums.

That's about where I started to lose interest as well...a couple of decent tracks on the third album, but not much going on...

Sugar were proper class. Not listened to them in an age.

I love Beaster. That ep is off the hook!

Thank you for mentioning this. I downloaded it a few days ago and played it today, WOW! Amazing EP. I'm going to get the debut album too.

Sugar were proper class. Not listened to them in an age.

I love Beaster. That ep is off the hook!

Thank you for mentioning this. I downloaded it a few days ago and played it today, WOW! Amazing EP. I'm going to get the debut album too.

Copper Blue is an excellent album as well, I doubt you'll regret it. Never heard anything else after Beaster (not sure what else they released), shame on me.

Guest Scrambled Ears

Better of course is subjective.

I would argue that without Husker Du, The Pixies could not exist.

I am not denigrating the Pixies...i've already said in this thread that I enjoy their output.

or the jesus and mary chain and velvet underground

i believe in mr. grieves

Archived