IGNORED

New Flashbulb

cear

Guest Calx Sherbet

Benn Jordan and Flashbulb are other RDJ aliases. he created them to be average and nothin' special to further himself ever so slightly. and so people can make comparisons to him, in ways that make him look better

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol I was like "its kind of ok" when I listened to it first but my girlfriend wanted me to put it off right away (she is a big aphex fan)

I shouldn't have shown her the artwork ripoffs in the first place :whistling:

Guest dilbthelame

not hugely into it... the overtly aphex-esque stuff would be quite cool, if it wasn't for the fact that it's already been done, to perfection, by aphex himself. the other stuff.... like that raw understanding video up there, the beats are pretty cool but there's fuck all of any interest apart from that. my 2c anyway

i really feel like if people are really digging the song above they would probably be very content with stacks of CDs of sampling library littered background music from the History Channel and National Geographic

i really feel like if people are really digging the song above they would probably be very content with stacks of CDs of sampling library littered background music from the History Channel and National Geographic

Guest pulsewarrior

the original video sounds like a toyota re-certified sales advert or something. didn't move me a centimeter.

i've listened to this guys music and don't have any grudges against him.....but I can honestly say that 85% of the time it just sounds like he is trying to quote other well known artists that have done the same thing but 10x better. all the hyperspeed breaks and chopped amens and trite melodies and analogue acid or whatever sounds like quotes on his peers but without any real substance. the rest is background music fit for adverts or natgeo programs (as someone astutely mentioned).

i've said before, i don't think the guy is without talent but he's taking WAY too much influence from what's already been done to death and recycling it without anything new or interesting to add (actually it's quite sub-par in comparison). in fact it would seem that his problem isn't so much a technical one as it is creativity/originality. it seems like he has nothing to say.

i will admit he did have an animation back in 2002-2003 with a rolling piece of fruit on some adventure, with some nice twinkly idm in the background. lol. i liked that.

Guest pulsewarrior
really polished music without any soul or raw expressionistic introspective energy is way worse than badly made music with heart

excellently said

those pale blue dot tracks sound pretty nice. I might check those out.

but, the clip in the OP typifies how I have felt about most of his releases. the production is so slick, can't deny those skills, but it's too slick. his releases are always over produced and pretty bland.

when i hear stuff like that first clip, I just assume that what he's really doing is marketing himself for commercial work, which I think he would probably be super successful at.

Guest Calx Sherbet

those pale blue dot tracks sound pretty nice. I might check those out.

this is just me, but i think some of those tracks are wonderful

He's definitely got some mad skills. But it's kind of like a very skilled film maker remaking a classic film shot by shot just for the hell of it. Not the greatest use of talent. He's definitely got the musical chops to do the super chopped breaks thing PLUS more interesting melodies and orchestration, but he chooses not to for whatever reason. ???

Archived