IGNORED

New Flashbulb

cear

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is my first impression of this character and it is a bad one. pointless bullshit.

I AM THE EARTH AND THE STARS

Guest Calx Sherbet

the controversial flahbulb has returned, ready to stir the crazies once more

maybe he's actually just trolling

Guest Calx Sherbet

i like Pale Blue Dot, but that's not at all what he typically makes

the preview on page 1 is better than Vacant Life. but still average

i challenge someone to prove to me through usage of youtube clips that the flashbulb has good

there are some tracks that are kind of nice 2-3 lps ago (not aphex nice but nice)

will listen to the new flashbulb later at home so I can tell myself :emotawesomepm9:

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

its possible to make a cheese dick melody in every scale in existence and I'm pretty sure he is one to accomplish such a goal

video was more interesting than the track.

it just oozes empty calculated IDM tropes, disguised to be deep and insightful. i am sure his teenage fans, who lap up his self-created image of some amazing IDM god, will think this is a masterpiece.

he has the chops but lacks soul and just sounds empty and insincere.

i challenge someone to prove to me through usage of youtube clips that the flashbulb has good

Here's some tracks I reckon are good. I'm not his biggest fan, but I think he's made both good and bad stuff.

[youtubehd]m_ktws5SR5A[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]0zAZH1fUHQk[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]AaQzmIh5mS4[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]s8qkJHPMH_Q[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]z-pn7I-MjHg[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]BZbQ-Ngzx0k[/youtubehd]

Well, I think it's obvious that it bares his touch and I don't care if he wanted to emulate anything - most people do. As long as it's not a total clone of what someone tries to emulate, it's no problem for me. It's when you emulate something too good that you reach the "uncanny valley" and it might put me off. Like monolith and the tuss.

I like the Acidwolf tracks, Red Extensions of Me, Girls Suck but You Don't, and the Binedump EP a lot. From there I'm pretty indifferent to most of his stuff, though I have times where I love the Dr. Lefty tracks.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

really polished music without any soul or raw expressionistic introspective energy is way worse than badly made music with heart

Dj Nate > Flashbulb?

:)

by that statement I mean more like Daniel Johnston > Lady Gaga

diamond in the ruff > polished turd sandwich

really polished music without any soul or raw expressionistic introspective energy is way worse than badly made music with heart

Dj Nate > Flashbulb?

:)

by that statement I mean more like Daniel Johnston > Lady Gaga

nice analogy

I DO like his HAN and Dr. Lefty releases. Acidwolf too. In fact, most of my flashbulb negativity comes from meeting him and intensely not liking him.

But really, he hasn't released anything good in a million years.

wow. those tracks are all complete shit to my ears. obviously watered down corporate trash? it's like he's purposefully trying to make the emptiest, most vile music possible. an insult to the art form, unless it's some kind of brilliant satire or something. i would rather listen to real life elevator music.

"A beautiful take on nature and the essence of life" - New York Times

"The Flashbulb's next step into the right direction" - The Sun

"an insult to the art form, unless it's some kind of brilliant satire or something" - vamos scorcho

Guest Scrambled Ears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR6VrOYj2Lg

i like this one. dont think the drums sound that much like afx...maybe more like squarepusher (especially that red extensions of me album). all in all i havent listened to his records in ages but there was a time where I liked it. this new stuff (and that last album) are too psuedo-emotional introspective. seriously enough w. the violin and piano or just go provide the fresh beatz for a jazzband so we can leave it at that.

Guest Enter a new display name

I remember liking some of flhabsulbu's material (like some tunes off Réunion and "Lucid Bass I" off Red Extensions of Me), but the videos posted by Impakt didn't interest me at all. I think this kind of generic IDM is what many of us used to enjoy as teenagers and those methods sound like shit once you look back at it.

wow. those tracks are all complete shit to my ears. obviously watered down corporate trash? it's like he's purposefully trying to make the emptiest, most vile music possible. an insult to the art form, unless it's some kind of brilliant satire or something. i would rather listen to real life elevator music.

the funny part is, last week, you were sucking his dick to the point of comparing his drum work to the brilliance of Drukqs. But lets stop bumping this thread eh?

Archived