IGNORED

New Flashbulb

cear

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

pretty good percussion but the video is 13 times more interesting than the entire melodic content of the song, I definitely agree with all the people saying flabulb is a soulless douche clown

Guest chunky

hes a carrot pretending hes a chocolate bar

nothing wrong with carrots

why dont he just say, "hey im a carrot"

I don't hate on him, but this sounds a bit cheesy and like something an anonymous film-score producer could have made. Make it a bit dirtier and soulful.

He's not that bad, not that good either. Just a guy trying to make a living.

this sounds a bit cheesy and like something an anonymous film-score producer could have made. Make it a bit dirtier and soulful.

exactly

I showed up at our local backwoods electronic festival "aesthetic evolution" at about 3am and I heard this dewd wanking on guitar to some really generic sounding IDM had no idea who it was but it seriously made me cringe and I was completely surprised to hear IDM. I had really low expectations for the music there so the fact that I was quickly cringing hearing some randomly playing IDM when I thought it was gonna be lame boring techno says a lot

found out a bit later it was flahbulb

he definitely deserves the criticism's of not sounding like hes putting any heart, taste, class, soul, raw energy into his music

I don't hate on him, but this sounds a bit cheesy and like something an anonymous film-score producer could have made. Make it a bit dirtier and soulful.

This. He has a couple of good track but it all sounds so... empty.

Guest Sprigg

Based on this song, I'll probably be picking the album up soon. I didn't like Soundtrack to a Vacant Life very much, but I like this song quite a bit.

I guess the problem is that very genericness. Thinking about it, I'm probably only really interested in music that's got something extraordinary about it, anything, anywhere. I can't find anything special about The Flashbulb. It sounds like he's emulating various things, not necessarily poorly emulating, just ... it's not exploring any new terrain, at all. Plus I just dislike that specific niche he's chosen. I already forgot what the track sounded like. :unsure:

it's a nice track. i get the feeling people are expecting afx/squarepusher type quality from flashbulb. there are alot of people doing similar "generic" music, but noone is hating on them.

lol maybe cause he acts like he thinks he is gods gift to idm, I just recently saw the cover for his last album lols

2469948567-1.jpg

LOLs

Holden: This is a site populated by militant movie buffs. Sad, pathetic little bastards living in their parents basement, downloading scripts and what they think is inside information about movies and actors they claim to dispise, yet can't stop discussing.

Sounds like another site I know...

LOL I love how there's this defense like ohh so you hate this but because so many people say they hate it's some type of sign of that there doing something right... lol 9.8 times out of 10 the reason so many people say they hate something is the way its being represented and because it fucking sucks

really polished music without any soul or raw expressionistic introspective energy is way worse than badly made music with heart

Its just like that one of your friends that you can't really help but make fun of no matter how hard you try, right from the get go this dewds music annoyed me with its cheesyness, its just as simple as that

that's the fine line of making music that sometimes you cant even describe how to create or remove

Archived