IGNORED

E3 2010

data

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First Zelda in ages that doesn't look remotely exciting at all... looks exactly the same as Twilight Princess, and seeing that was basically a Gamecube port, that's a bit shoddy

Guest blicero

First Zelda in ages that doesn't look remotely exciting at all... looks exactly the same as Twilight Princess, and seeing that was basically a Gamecube port, that's a bit shoddy

yep.

you have to applaud them for stealing the show by designing games for hardware that is essentially 10 years old. not sure how they manage that.

If Microsoft play their cards right Kinect can be used for some awesome games. Imagine playing Black & White 3 using Kinect. *inward boner*

or japanese rape games.

A friend and I talked about this earlier today and how the Kinect should respond to screaming :happy:

... :shrug:

someone should definitely do a Fleshlight peripheral for Kinect. i want to come home after work and tell my TV "Xbox, Suck Cock".

what the fuck happened to Treasure Co. ? they promised a top view shooter for xbox360

they've been working on Sin & Punishment: Star Successor on Wii for the past few years, although once again E3 completely brushed over that game, it's only coming out in 2 weeks, durrr.

Overall, I can't say that I've been surprised by much from the conferences so far. The Microsoft was really annoying on the whole. Like watching car crash television; you don't want to look but still you feel compelled for some reason.

For Nintendo, I've been a long time Zelda fan, but Twilight Princess was a bit of a let down when compared to Okami (released roughly around the same) time, which, personally, had more of that original magic that I remembered from earlier Zelda games. Therefore, I'm not sure what make of the new version just yet. Although, I doubt I'll buy a Wii for it, like I bought a Gamecube for Wind Waker.

Otherwise:

Main highlight - The 3DS does look interesting. Have to wait for more news as it comes. Starfox and Metal Gear are good enough for me.

Main disappointment - Lack of update about The Last Guardian, but this could change over the coming days as the expo floor is open. By the way, does anyone have solid evidence for HD Ico or Shadow?

Main surprise - Newell on the SONY stage presenting Portal 2. That was hilarious. Valve seem to be trying to create some sort of common service across various platforms now. Recent Mac support, and now to PS especially after all he has said in the past (perhaps they consider SONY a main contender now or SONY has made it worth their while).

what the fuck happened to Treasure Co. ? they promised a top view shooter for xbox360

they've been working on Sin & Punishment: Star Successor on Wii for the past few years, although once again E3 completely brushed over that game, it's only coming out in 2 weeks, durrr.

oh cool didn't realize it was coming out in the states, still haven't played either Bleach game.

oh cool didn't realize it was coming out in the states, still haven't played either Bleach game.

I must say I've been wondering about this for a while too. The 360 shooter they talked about a while back that is. Details were very vague at the time I remember. It may be in the pipeline, but, as Rubin says, they've been on other things.

Bangai-O Spirits for the DS is sheer quality if you've not tried that yet.

He annoys me ever so much.

Why? He's hilarious, and it's meant to be awful and cringe-inducing.

Overall, I can't say that I've been surprised by much from the conferences so far. The Microsoft was really annoying on the whole. Like watching car crash television; you don't want to look but still you feel compelled for some reason.

For Nintendo, I've been a long time Zelda fan, but Twilight Princess was a bit of a let down when compared to Okami (released roughly around the same) time, which, personally, had more of that original magic that I remembered from earlier Zelda games. Therefore, I'm not sure what make of the new version just yet. Although, I doubt I'll buy a Wii for it, like I bought a Gamecube for Wind Waker.

Otherwise:

Main highlight - The 3DS does look interesting. Have to wait for more news as it comes. Starfox and Metal Gear are good enough for me.

Main disappointment - Lack of update about The Last Guardian, but this could change over the coming days as the expo floor is open. By the way, does anyone have solid evidence for HD Ico or Shadow?

Main surprise - Newell on the SONY stage presenting Portal 2. That was hilarious. Valve seem to be trying to create some sort of common service across various platforms now. Recent Mac support, and now to PS especially after all he has said in the past (perhaps they consider SONY a main contender now or SONY has made it worth their while).

RE: New Zelda: Agreed - I always thought Nintendo should have continued with The Wind Waker style graphics, honing and improving them, as Nintendo tends to do those kind of graphics the best with their hardware (I would love to see an HD Wind Waker on hopefully Nintendo's future console that will hopefully not ignore HD - Mini Ninjas on PS3/360 was a good omage to Wind Waker's graphics and style, and that was really fun to play and visually impressive too).

Last Guardian will be shown at the Tokyo Game Show in September. And I think you can almost count on an HD remake of Ico/SotC like the GoW collection and the new Sly Cooper collection. I never played the Sly Cooper games, so I'm looking forward to this.

Valve totally got some cash sent their way; I don't see Newell changing his tone after a sudden "awakening". Sony's playing M$'s game now.

Also, they announced Silent Hill 8 - let's pray it's a return to form and is a worthy successor in the franchise, as the last few haven't been that great (from reviews I've read).

XCOM remake looks atrocious. Dead Space 2, though, holy fuck I can't wait to play that.

I keep telling myself to pick up the original now that it's cheap as chips... not a game you'd want to play late at night with the lights turned down...

XCOM remake looks atrocious. Dead Space 2, though, holy fuck I can't wait to play that.

I keep telling myself to pick up the original now that it's cheap as chips... not a game you'd want to play late at night with the lights turned down...

Dead Space 1 is a game you definitely not want to play in the dark. The horrible death sounds that Isaac makes and those worm things that drag him down corridors like a rag doll gave me mini-heart attacks.

Dead Space 1 is a game you definitely not want to play in the dark. The horrible death sounds that Isaac makes and those worm things that drag him down corridors like a rag doll gave me mini-heart attacks.

YESSSSSSS

Haven't been scared shitless by a game since Resident Evil 1 on the PS1 when the zombie dog jumps through the window in the hallway.

HOLY FUCK I screamed like a little girl

Guest mafted

yea same here.. only $20. it's definitely the most suspenseful game i've played.. it's like The Thing on the Nostromo. the graphics on pc are quite nice.

Archived