IGNORED

Richard's Haircut

Guest Masonic Boom

Guest Babar

i think all the hatred that goes against Masonic boom is mainly due to the fact that WATMM is -despite the appearances- a male chauvinist place. If RDJ were a girl there would have been a lot of threads like this one.

Masonic boom is probably the best recent newcomer, she has a good sense of humour and her writing style always amazes me.

MB, don't pay attention to the haters.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Calx Sherbet

If RDJ were a girl there would have been a lot of threads like this one.

oh i can guarantee there would be.

it would be pretty disturbing if he became a skinhead

Guest Masonic Boom

i think all the hatred that goes against Masonic boom is mainly due to the fact that WATMM is -despite the appearances- a male chauvinist place. If RDJ were a girl there would have been a lot of threads like this one.

Masonic boom is probably the best recent newcomer, she has a good sense of humour and her writing style always amazes me.

MB, don't pay attention to the haters.

Aw ::blush:: thanks Babar! You're such a sweetie.

I think of the n00bs ZoeB is a way better writer than me but it's all good.

Guest Babar

i love your "it can sucks a bag of cocks". Did you made it up ? It's important for me to know it as i was ready to use "cum stupid hard" with non-watmmer english speakers. Hopefully i figured out it was a very watmm thing.

Guest Masonic Boom

i love your "it can sucks a bag of cocks". Did you made it up ? It's important for me to know it as i was ready to use "cum stupid hard" with non-watmmer english speakers. Hopefully i figured out it was a very watmm thing.

"::random object x:: can suck a bag of dicks" is actually a common term on ILX - another music messageboard I post on.

I just like the mental image of a bag of dicks, I just thought it was so ridiculous I love it.

(Hrrrm, of course, now I'm posting that in a thread called "Richard's Haircut" I'm imagining a big sack filled with Richard's heads sporting his various haircuts over the years.)

Guest Masonic Boom

Wait, no, don't tell me there's a poster called "xxx" here?

I'm not insulting anyone, honest! I just meant "x" as in unknown quantity, such as used in maths.

Guest Babar

I'm not insulting anyone, honest! I just meant "x" as in unknown quantity, such as used in maths.

lol. yes there is an xxx. He's amazing too.

Guest ruiagnelo

user XXX

:spiteful:

Guest Masonic Boom

I didn't know. I'm so sorry!

::n00b shame::

Update: I've changed it to "random object X" - now if you tell me there's a user called that, I give up. They can select a random head out of my bag of magic Dicks and suck it.

Now I am going home to photoshop a magic sack full of Richard's hairdoos.

With his high cheekbones and his luscious pouting (sorry, went all Smash Hits there for a moment) lips he really does look quite like a woman*.

Well that would explain why I think he looks much nicer like that... Damn you and your articulation! :)

Guest Masonic Boom

With his high cheekbones and his luscious pouting (sorry, went all Smash Hits there for a moment) lips he really does look quite like a woman*.

Well that would explain why I think he looks much nicer like that... Damn you and your articulation! :)

I think RDJ could make anyone doubt their sexuality. I mean, I get oddly excited by the women in Windowlicker with his face and I'm ostensibly straight*.

*then again, a friend of mine on twitter said, after reading a week's worth of lusting, "your sexual orientation seems to be as follows: Men with beards, Women with RDJ's face and LesbiansWhoLookLikeJustinBeiber.com"

xxx is gonna see this and write a six paragraph post about hair follicles. And personally, Im looking forward to it :spiteful:

serious, how do you not know who xxx is. Hes the only one on here who makes continuous sense.

xxx is gonna see this and write a six paragraph post about hair follicles. And personally, Im looking forward to it :spiteful:

serious, how do you not know who xxx is. Hes the only one on here who makes continuous sense.

In all honesty, I pretty much live with the hope that xxx will do that in every thread. Seriously. It's one of the best parts of watmm.

Guest bitroast

*sees topic title*

*puts on Richard's Hairpiece, opens thread*

*reads first few posts, turns off RIchard's Hairpiece*

Guest Masonic Boom

Cheers guys, that's some solid fucking words to say to someone and it does not go unappreciated.

Masonic Boom and I got off to a rough start because she said that she loved to draw paisley designs everywhere. Now, paisley makes me nearly apoplectic in its hideousness--it makes me think of The Monkees and floating sperm and guys that smell like patchouli with 1990s Mike Paradinas ponytails trying to give women spooky backrubs and inviting them back to their place. But, if one were to reference that thread, I never once said anything about Masonic Boom as a person. In fact, her childhood pictures were quite cute and I've really enjoyed how much she has shaken up the sometimes sleepy GenBan scene.

It's unfortunate that she and I should have such polarized opinions on paisley but such is the world we live in. She then proceeded to call me "an interweb geek", which I found charming because...by dint of talking on WATMM and her actually going on at length concerning RDJ's physical appearance, does that not drag her down into this "interweb geek" morass that the rest of us are in?

If being a part of WATMM makes me a geek, then I'm clutching the term with wide open arms because--and Hautlle can back me up on this, we once did an 8 hour truck ride together and discussed this very fact--there is nowhere else on the web where you will find as high of a concentration of intelligence, technological sophistication, hilarity, and a brilliant cross-section of culture/language/point of view than right here on this one site. I find it to be a breathtaking moment in history--my parents can't even understand how one time, I asked how to demux and copy DVDs and got expert advice in seconds (along with something about a fart capacitor overclock :mcgriff:) and then brought them to their house to play it in the same player they play their "legit" DVDs. It was like the first automobile or photograph--"how did you do this?!". I didn't know where to begin. How do you explain WATMM? How do you explain some of the colorful and brilliant characters? I just said, "got it off the computer, ma" but it was so much more wonderfully complex than that!

So, MB, I will decline your bag of dicks--unless they happen to be Deutschewurst, in which case I will inhale them--but I would like to be friends :beer: Ask th!tne--we used to have a fractious relationship but we smoothed it out over time and he just bought 5 records off of me :cisfor: I now consider him an irl friend and love the fact that we were able to bury some of the dramatics of yore. Perhaps we could do the same :beer:

...I can never bring myself to like paisely, so sorry. I am sure there are things about me you would find repulsive. Maybe we'll locate it and it will be your own paisley to hate on me about:

56095738_15d318e014_m.jpg

Ha ha ha, OK, I think I just joined the XXX fanclub. Awesome A+++ post.

What can I do but apologise again for the mix-up and say, from henceforth all the dick-bags I shall offer you shall contain nothing but prime quality Deutschewurst, the kind with the wiggly faces.

In the spirit of friendly banter and :beer: , though, I must say...

Hating on paisley is just perverse. I love paisley so much I have a paisly tattoo. That said, I also love the Monkees and patchouli and dudes with ponytails and backrubs are super-awesome and for me, it was always kind of nice if some dude with hair like :mu-ziq: came up to you and invited you back to their flat to look at their paisley because at least you knew you were gonna get some quality pot and a backrub and maybe even some tofu with brown rice and you wouldn't even have to shave yr pits for him to go down and do some yoni-worship on yr pink bits. So yr "ew gross" association is my "helping spooky art school girls get laid since the 60s!" That's why there's chocolate, vanilla and mango pickle.

Also, you say "geek" like it's a bad thing. We all geeks here. In fact, the proudest moment of my life as an IT professional was the day that my sys admin (in the middle of a rant about his wife) was all "women this and women that..." and my colleague said "hey, not in front of the G.I.R.L." and the sys admin replied "K8 IS NOT A WOMAN. SHE IS A GEEK!" and I got all teary-eyed. So I'm proud to be geek.

Anyway, hugs all round. Let's all party and be awesome. Now with even more hair.

Aphex+Twin+rdj61.jpg

Guest Masonic Boom

for many years i have inquired about rdj's HAIR POLICY, with no results.

i am not the only one who wants to know

also i found this while searching for this yugo post and it seems related enough.

p.s. i am curious what sort of tunes he wrote when his beard was in "unix hacker" style

Ha ha, The Russians got way better answers out of him about his Hair Policy. He claimed sheer laziness. I know better - it is because he is TOO BUSY THINKING ABOUT THE FUTURE OF ELECTRONIC MUSIKS TO BE CONCERNED WITH ANYTHING SO TRIVIAL AND MUNDANE AS THE CARE AND CUTTING OF HIS HAIR!!!

(Except for, clearly, the occasional application of Alberto Balsam.)

I haven't really been able to correlate the length of his *beard* to his musical output, unfortunately. The only thing I've correlated on that is that he is 4x more likely to appear in The Wire magazine when his beard is at Unix Hacker lengths than when it is at carefully cultivated Elizabethan Minstrel length or "post-pubescent techno nerd who is more proficient at squeezing out Aphex Acne (you cunt) than facial follicles."

Archived