IGNORED

Richard's Haircut

Guest Masonic Boom

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Masonic Boom

Actually, you know what - I bet he actually got it cut around the time his sprog was popped.

Because from spending time around my niece, I learned the hard way there is *nothing* quite so attractive to a toddler as a long, dangly orange ponytail. Ouch.

Guest iamabe

:facepalm:

You DO realize that topics and posts like these are why most of WATMM dislikes you, right? I personally have no problem with you most of the time, but come on, you have to know that this topic isn't going to end well.

Actually, I'm not arrogant enough to assume that the "majority of WATMM" gives a shit about me either way.

I am aware that a small minority of assholes use posts like this as an excuse to follow me around, venting their own creepy issues with women/fandom/homophobia/their own latent feelings for Richard. That is their problem, not mine.

hahaha, oof. that was like a punch in the face.

yeah i'd have to agree with whoever said that masonic is a good newcomer because I've been dying at work reading the same shit lifetime-member inside joke bullshit that fills general banter every day and now I have a reason to head over to the afx subforum to read actual interesting brain material about the artist who is the main reason i am on this forum in the first place.

Guest Masonic Boom

LOLs are what we're here for.

180 cm is what, about 6 foot? That seems about right, except he maybe appears a bit taller because he is STANDING ON THE MONS OLYMPUS OF ELEKTRONIC MUSIK GODHOOD or maybe his big hair gives him a little extra height. (Hey, it worked for all those goths and hair metallers in the 80s)

I actually found another interview where he talks about his hair policy. And he mentions that his hair goes lighter in the summer and darker in the winter. So now I picture him like a small woodland creature acquiring his summer coat. Like an ermine. Or Bambi. Awwww. do the Rhubears change colour in the spring as well?

:rhubear2::rhubear3::rhubear1:

I have the impression richard was a bit pissed by snares having longer hair so he cut it off :blink:

Its like "I am making similar music but harder, I have long hair as you but longer" so he told himself "I cut it off and do analords now" :snares::wtf:

Guest Masonic Boom

I have the impression richard was a bit pissed by snares having longer hair so he cut it off :blink:

Its like "I am making similar music but harder, I have long hair as you but longer" so he told himself "I cut it off and do analords now" :snares::wtf:

He definitely had long hair when Analords was done though - in my picture binge yesterday, I found ponytailed Richard shots from up until about 2006.

(Venetian Snares has pretty, pretty hair, though. I will definitely admit that.)

Perhaps we can have a "who has the best hair in IDM?" vote.

Mr. Twin, Chris Cunningham (especially now he's started to rock the "Gandalf The Grey" wizard look, A++) or Venetian Snares? Do long-haired IDM-ers make better musiks than the short-haired ones? Or do they just look better doing it?

((Didn't Chemical Brothers also start to suck around the time Ed cut his hair?))

Guest Masonic Boom

I actually found another interview where he talks about his hair policy.

zomg link? :emotawesomepm9:

Jazzy jazzy jazzband ancient archive warning of jazzness...

http://www.aphextwin.nu/learn/98129666775311.shtml

Right at the end of part 3.

He talks about how he wimped out of growing his beard really long, then talks about why he likes girls better than blokes (yay!) then talks about his bicycle and how riding around on it in the sun brings out his summer plumage.

Now just imagine how much I'd get done if I actually spent my time at work doing something constructive instead of reading this crap.

Guest hahathhat

I just read 120 posts of this bullshit.

FML

the only way to avoid this is to not read WATMM.

Guest Retrig

I actually found another interview where he talks about his hair policy.

zomg link? :emotawesomepm9:

Jazzy jazzy jazzband ancient archive warning of jazzness...

http://www.aphextwin.nu/learn/98129666775311.shtml

Right at the end of part 3.

He talks about how he wimped out of growing his beard really long, then talks about why he likes girls better than blokes (yay!) then talks about his bicycle and how riding around on it in the sun brings out his summer plumage.

Now just imagine how much I'd get done if I actually spent my time at work doing something constructive instead of reading this crap.

Nice! I've always wondered if he was a cat or dog person. Dogs ftw!

Guest Masonic Boom

Works fine for me, Marf!

I'm just imagining Richard as one of those terrible old crusties that used to hang around Elephant & Castle with a dog on a string. tee hee hee.

It's just so rare and refreshing to happen across those early interviews before he got so paranoid (and probably justifiably sick of doing ridiculous interviews.) Just the amount of enthusiasm he gives off and this childish delight in everything (just imagining him like my mad Welsh stoner friend who names her computers and talks to her bicycle) - he seems like someone who would have been really fun to go to the pub with.

But I suppose that's the problem. Once you reach a certain level of fame, you can't go to the pub without the world wanting a piece of you, your lifestyle becomes really impacted and you have to retreat or get destroyed.

Guest Masonic Boom

Circa '99-00 when Windowlicker was on MTV and in the charts and his grinning face was pretty much UBIQUITOUS (thank you Chris Cunningham) I think he probably *was* famous enough that his post man would recognise him.

And that is around the time that he stopped doing most interviews - or at least ones that made any kind of coherent sense. (That said, I think his email interviews where he's being completely infuriating to the interviewer are actually straight-up hilarious, but then again, I have an odd sense of humour.)

Guest Masonic Boom

or at least ones that made any kind of coherent sense.

Coherent sense? Mmmmm, what do you know about that exactly?

Ha ha haahaha, good point. Coherent sense is overrated. I mean, we are talking about an interview where he muses on how he talks to his bicycle and sends his beard clippings to his dad so your definition of coherence may vary.

Anyway, back on the topic.

I seriously think Mr D.James should sue Boy 8-Bit for copyright infringement or have a word with his stylist at least.

boy8bit.jpg

^^^^^^^^serious infringement on the D.James Hair Policy there.

Archived